|Full name||FK Timok|
|Nickname(s)||Beli labudovi (The White Swans)|
|Ground||Zaječar City Stadium|
|Head coach||Miodrag Živković|
|League||Zone League East|
|2018–19||Zone League East, 2nd of 16|
Founded in 1919, the club mainly participated in the regional leagues during the early Yugoslav era. They achieved their first notable success by defeating Dinamo Zagreb 3–1 in the first round of the 1973 Yugoslav Cup. The club also competed for three seasons in the Yugoslav Second League from 1981 until 1984.
After the dissolution of the former country, the club advanced to the Second League of FR Yugoslavia, finishing bottom of the table in the 1992–93 season. They spent two more years in the Second League of Serbia and Montenegro from 2002 to 2004, when they were relegated to the Serbian League East.
The club made one of its greatest achievements in history during the 2005–06 Serbia and Montenegro Cup by eliminating Partizan at their home in the round of 16. After a 1–1 draw in regular time, Timok won 5–4 on penalties. The club was eventually knocked out of the competition in the quarter-final after losing 2–0 away to Radnički Niš.
In 2009, the club finished second in the Serbian League East, losing 5–4 on penalties to Teleoptik (after two 1–1 draws) in the promotion playoffs. After winning the 2011–12 Serbian League East, they were finally promoted to the Serbian First League. The club spent two seasons in the second tier of Serbian football, before being relegated back to the Serbian League East in 2014.
Serbian League East (Tier 3)
|2010–11||3 – East||30||12||6||12||39||34||42||12th||—|
|2011–12||3 – East||30||19||6||5||43||18||63||1st||—|
|2014–15||3 – East||30||14||6||10||36||27||48||5th||Preliminary round|
|2015–16||3 – East||30||9||10||11||39||42||37||11th||—|
|2016–17||3 – East||30||11||10||9||28||21||36[a]||10th||—|
|2017–18||3 – East||30||5||4||21||33||58||19||15th||—|
|2018–19||4 – East||30||22||5||3||62||28||71||2nd||—|
- The club was docked seven points.
The club's main supporters group is known as "Otrovi" (The Poisons). They were founded in 1998, celebrating their 10-year anniversary in a Serbian League East fixture with Župa Aleksandrovac on 15 November 2008. The group is traditionally situated in the east stand of the stadium.
- National team players
For a list of all FK Timok players with a Wikipedia article, see Category:FK Timok players.
- "SISTEM TAKMIČENJA 2000.-2006" (in Serbian). FSG Zrenjanin. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Novi šok u Humskoj" (in Serbian). Sportska centrala. 26 October 2005. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Bez iznenađenja u četvrtfinalu Kupa" (in Serbian). Sportska centrala. 7 December 2005. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Muka, pa kreč, pa drama, pa slavlje!" (in Serbian). FK Partizan. 11 June 2009. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- "Fudbaleri "Timoka" plasirali se u Prvu ligu Srbije" (in Serbian). Srbijasport. 9 June 2012. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Inđija i naredne sezone u Prvoj ligi Srbije" (in Serbian). Srbijasport. 28 May 2014. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Timok Zaječar". National Football Teams. Retrieved 20 June 2017.