Božović with Happy Valley in 2013
|Full name||Darko Božović|
|Date of birth||9 August 1978|
|Place of birth||Titograd, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
On 28 October 2006, while playing for Bežanija, Božović scored an equalizer in their home league fixture against Voždovac. Firstly, on the 0–1 result, he defended a penalty by Miloš Kolaković in the 88th minute, and then, in the fourth minute of injury time, he scored a header from a corner kick for the final 1–1.
In June 2007, Božović moved to Partizan, playing regularly for the team in the first six months. However, he lost his place in the starting eleven in the second half of the 2007–08 season to his fellow countryman Mladen Božović, who arrived at the club in the 2008 winter transfer window. In the summer of 2010, Božović was released by the club after receiving very little playing time in the previous two years.
In August 2013, Božović joined Hong Kong First Division side Happy Valley. On 5 January 2014, he was one of the seven players and coaching staff arrested by the Hong Kong Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) for allegations with match-fixing. On 6 January 2014, the homes of Božović and five other Happy Valley players were raided by the ICAC as the officials stepped up their investigation into alleged match-fixing. Božović was later released without charge, although his teammates Hinson Leung and Saša Mus were jailed for 12 months for match-fixing in 2014. On 26 March 2014, Božović and other Happy Valley players went to the Hong Kong Labour Department to make claims against Happy Valley for unpaid and outstanding wages worth around 100,000 Hong Kong dollars.
Božović made his debut for Montenegro in a September 2007 friendly match against Sweden and has earned a total of 2 caps, scoring no goals. His second and final international was another friendly, a month later against Estonia.
- "Podvig golmana Bežanije Božovića" (in Serbian). B92. 29 October 2006. Retrieved 20 December 2010. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Happy Valley in match-fixing probe". The Standard. 6 January 2014. Archived from the original on 7 January 2014. Retrieved 7 January 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Hong Kong football club backers face tough financial screening in wake of match-fixing probe". South China Morning Post. 6 January 2014. Retrieved 7 January 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Homes raided in football-fix probe". The Standard. 7 January 2014. Archived from the original on 7 January 2014. Retrieved 7 January 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Croatian soccer player Sasa Mus jailed for match-fixing". South China Morning Post. 16 December 2014.
- "Decision on case concerning Sasa Mus". Hong Kong Football Association. 30 June 2015.
- "愉園十球員追十萬欠薪" (in Chinese). Metro. 26 March 2014. Retrieved 28 April 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Darko Božović najavljuje pojačanja Voždovca: Valjda će i nama da krene" (in Bosnian). Mozzart Sport. 29 August 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Player Database". eu-football.info. Retrieved 2 August 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Darko Božović.|