The European Canoe Association (ECA) is the umbrella organization for canoeing sport in Europe. It was founded in Rome, Italy, on December 11, 1993. The organization has 45 member countries. The association was recognized by the International Canoe Federation at the ICF congress in Acapulco in 1994. In reaction to the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, the ECA suspended the participation of Russian and Belarusian athletes, and suspended all officials from Russia and Belarus from officiating at any ECA event, and from attending or taking part in any ECA meetings.
|45 member countries|
- European Canoe Sprint Championships - annual event, established in 1933, discontinued in 1969, reinstated in 1997
- European Junior and U23 Canoe Sprint Championships - annual event
- European Canoe Slalom Championships - annual event, established in 1996
- European Junior and U23 Canoe Slalom Championships - annual event
- European Wildwater Championships - biennial event, established in 1997
- European Junior Wildwater Championships - biennial event
- European Canoe Marathon Championships - annual event, established in 1995
- European Canoe Ocean Racing Championships - biennial event
- European Canoe Polo Championship - biennial event
- European Canoe Freestyle Championships - biennial event
- European Dragon Boat Championships - biennial event
Board of directorsEdit
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Great Britain
- "ECA History". European Canoe Association. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- "European Canoe Association". canoe-europe.org.
- "Statutes of the European Canoe Association" (PDF). European Canoe Association. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "Multiple European Canoe Championships awarded for 2023, 2024 and 2025". www.insidethegames.biz. March 7, 2022.
- "European Canoe Association". www.canoe-europe.org.