European Bioinformatics Institute
The European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) is an International Governmental Organization (IGO) which, as part of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) family, focuses on research and services in bioinformatics. It is located on the Wellcome Genome Campus in Hinxton near Cambridge, and employs over 600 full-time equivalent (FTE) staff. Institute leaders such as Rolf Apweiler, Alex Bateman, Ewan Birney, and Guy Cochrane, an adviser on the National Genomics Data Center Scientific Advisory Board, serve as part of the international research network of the BIG Data Center at the Beijing Institute of Genomics.
|European Molecular Biology Laboratory|
Other bioinformatics organisationsEdit
- National Center for Biotechnology Information, United States National Library of Medicine
- National Institute of Genetics (DNA Data Bank of Japan)
- Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (Expasy)
- Australia Bioinformatics Resource
- BIG Data Center (National Genomics Data Center), Beijing Institute of Genomics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- "Background | European Bioinformatics Institute". Ebi.ac.uk. 16 May 2018. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- "Jobs at EMBL-EBI". Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Scientific report" (PDF). www.embl.de. 2017. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- BIG Data Center, Beijing Institute of Genomics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. (2018). Annual Report, p. 6. Retrieved 26 March 2020.
|This article about a medical organization or association is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|