Joseph Lubin (entrepreneur)(Redirected from Ethereum (company))
Joseph Lubin is a Canadian entrepreneur. He has founded and co-founded several companies including the Swiss-based Ethereum, a decentralized cryptocurrency platform, and is founder of ConsenSys, a Brooklyn-based software-production studio.
|Residence||New York, New York|
|Education||Princeton University, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science|
|Known for||distributed database entrepreneur, ConsenSys, Ethereum|
As of February 2018, Forbes estimated Lubin's net worth between one to five billion dollars.
In early 2014, Lubin was Chief Operating Officer of Ethereum Switzerland GmbH (EthSuisse), a company working to extend the capabilities of the type of blockchain database first popularized by Bitcoin, and extend the capabilities of the blockchain to store programs in addition to data, as well as facilitate, verify, or enforce the negotiation or performance of smart contracts.[needs update] The new generation of distributed crypto-secure databases with smart contract functionality has been referred to as "Blockchain 2.0"
Lubin was also involved in the creation of the Ethereum Foundation, a Toronto-based non-profit organization to be a "nonpartisan industry body, made up of [a cross-section of] industry players. It [is intended to] make sure the Ethereum infrastructure works fairly and independently ... like ICANN for the Internet."
Lubin has been personally involved in cross-industry groups attempting to advance solutions to governance issues in the blockchain industry.
- Schmid, Valentin (2014-05-10). "The Entrepreneur: Joe Lubin, COO of Ethereum". Epoch Times. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- Epstein, Jim (2016-03-18). "Can Ethereum Restore Online Freedom and Transform the Internet?". Reason. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "The Richest People In Cryptocurrency". Forbes. 6 February 2018. Retrieved 2018-02-25.
- "Company Overview of Ethereum Switzerland GmbH". Bloomberg. 2016-08-20. Archived from the original on 2016-08-20. Retrieved 2016-08-20.
The company was founded in 2014 and is based in Baar, Switzerland.
- Popper, Nathaniel (2016-03-27). "Ethereum, a Virtual Currency, Enables Transactions That Rival Bitcoin's". New York Times. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- Swanson, Tim (2014-04-08). "Blockchain 2.0 – Let a Thousand Chains Blossom". LTB Network. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- "Blockchain's Backers Gather to Push Governance for Technology". Bloomberg.com. 2016-08-22. Retrieved 2018-02-25.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|