"Estamos Bien" (stylized in upper case; English: "We're Good") is a song by the Puerto Rican Latin trap artist Bad Bunny. The song was released by Rimas Entertainment on 28 June 2018, as the first single from his first studio album, X 100pre (2018). It was written by Benito Martinez and Ismael Flores and produced by Tainy and La Paciencia.
|Single by Bad Bunny|
|from the album X 100pre|
|English title||"We're Good"|
|Released||June 28, 2018|
|Bad Bunny singles chronology|
Bad Bunny had disappeared from social media for a time when he was overwhelmed with his sudden rise to fame. Views of his videos on YouTube were seven billion in 2018. When his fans wondered how he was, he responded with Estamos Bien, a song saying, "We're good".
Rolling Stone magazine called it "electro-psych bliss". In the song, Bad Bunny describes being okay, and that we are all okay and all of mine are okay. The lyrics mention a huge rainstorm, starting from nothing, and that power has not been restored to his home. He dedicated the song to victims of Hurricane Maria when he made his first appearance on American TV on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon saying, "3,000 people died in Hurricane Maria and Donald Trump is in denial." Then, as a clip of Hurricane Maria striking the island played on a screen behind him, he began to sing "estamos bien, todo está bien, no hay nada malo aquí, con o sin billetes de cien, estamos bien" (in English "we're good, everything is good, there's nothing wrong here, with or without hundred dollar bills, we're good.")
The video for Estamos Bien was released on 28 June 2018 on Bad Bunny's YouTube channel. By April 2019, the music video for the song had received over 300 million views. In the video, Bad Bunny is seen enjoying his time with friends and paints his fingernails purple and blows them dry, questioning traditional male expectations.
|Argentina (Argentina Hot 100)||91|
|Dominican Republic (Monitor Latino)||13|
|US Hot Latin Songs (Billboard)||9|
Credits and personnelEdit
- Bad Bunny – songwriting, lead vocals
- Ismael Flores – songwriting
- Tainy – producer
- La Paciencia – producer
- "Estamos Bien by Bad Bunny". Apple Music. Archived from the original on 9 September 2018. Retrieved 28 June 2018.
- Leight, Elias (14 November 2018). "Why Latin Music Continued to Dominate YouTube in 2018". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 22 May 2019. Retrieved 10 June 2019.
- Ydrach, Chente (24 December 2018). "La Única Entrevista Que Bad Bunny Va a Dar - Masacote" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 28 May 2019. Retrieved 9 June 2019 – via YouTube.
- Exposito, Suzy (27 December 2018). "Bad Bunny Is Latin Pop's Freaky King". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 11 May 2019. Retrieved 10 June 2019.
- Exposito, Suzy (27 September 2018). "Bad Bunny Makes Powerful TV Debut on 'Fallon,' Dedicates 'Estamos Bien' to Hurricane Maria Victims". Archived from the original on 13 May 2019. Retrieved 10 June 2019.
- Bad Bunny (28 June 2018). "Bad Bunny - Estamos Bien - Video Oficial". Archived from the original on 28 April 2019. Retrieved 27 April 2019 – via YouTube.
- Rosales, Vanessa (24 April 2019). "Embracing the feminine, Bad Bunny champions a new masculinity". CNN Style. Archived from the original on 26 April 2019. Retrieved 27 April 2019.
- "Argentina Hot 100 – Semana del 13 de Octubre del 2018". Billboard Argentina (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 31 March 2019. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- "Top 20 Republica Dominicana". charts monitor LATINO (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 June 2019.
- "Top 100 Canciones – Semana 42: del 12.10.2018 al 18.10.2018" (in Spanish). Productores de Música de España. Archived from the original on 23 October 2018. Retrieved 16 February 2018.
- "Bad Bunny Chart History (Hot Latin Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved 27 April 2019.