Latin Rhythm Airplay
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Latin Rhythm Airplay chart comprises singles and tracks from artists who represent the Hispanic rhythmic/Hurban genre, which includes Reggaeton, Hispanic R&B/Hip-Hop, Rhythmic Pop/Dance and crossovers from English-language and/or bilingual acts. This chart was introduced in 2005 and came about as a result of radio stations tapping into the growing second and third generation Hispanic audience who wanted a Spanish-speaking or bilingual alternative to the (English-language Mainstream, Rhythmic, and R&B/Hip-Hop) formats that they felt would represent them. In its publication, the chart goes through a rotation and is posted every other week taking place of the Latin Tropical Airplay while the online database is posted every week.
Only a few female artists have been able to reach the top ten of the chart, these include reggaetón singer Ivy Queen, who currently has seven top-ten, two of them number-one singles, Nina Sky, who appeared on Tony Touch's "Play That Song", Latin pop singers Shakira and RBD, and American R&B singers Beyoncé Knowles, Cassie, and Keyshia Cole. Ivy Queen became the first woman to top the chart in 2008, when her single "Dime" reached number one. Jennifer Lopez is the female artist with the most number-ones, with four.
Billboard Latin Rhythm Airplay year-end chartsEdit
- 2006: "Down" by R.K.M & Ken-Y
- 2007: "Sola" by Hector "El Father"
- 2008: "Te Quiero" by Flex
- 2009: "Me Estás Tentando" by Wisin & Yandel
- 2010: "Dile al Amor" by Aventura
- 2011: "Danza Kuduro" by Don Omar and Lucenzo
- 2012: "Bailando Por El Mundo" by Juan Magan featuring Pitbull and El Cata
- 2013: "Limbo" by Daddy Yankee
- 2014: "6 AM" by J Balvin featuring Farruko
- 2015: "El Perdón" by Nicky Jam featuring Enrique Iglesias
- 2016: "Hasta el Amanecer by Nicky Jam"
- 2017: "Despacito" by Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee
- 2018: "X (Nicky Jam and J Balvin song)" by Nicky Jam featuring J Balvin
Billboard Latin Rhythm Airplay decade-end chartEdit
Artist with the most entriesEdit
- Ben-Yehuda, Ayala (2007-03-31). "The Ladies of Latin Hip-Hop: Reggaetón Divas Look For A Breakthrough". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2012-11-29.
- "October 11, 2008 - Latin Billboard: Hot Latin Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2008-10-11. Retrieved 2012-11-29.
- Bustios, Pamela (July 12, 2018). "Jennifer Lopez Logs Eighth Latin Airplay No. 1 With 'El Anillo'". Billboard. Retrieved July 13, 2018.
- Latin Rhythm Airplay Billboard