Essex Aluminum Plant is a former Ford Motor Company metal casting plant in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. It opened in 1981, and produced aluminum cylinder heads and pistons for various Ford engine plants. In 2001, the plant was sold to Nemak, a joint venture between Ford and Mexican industrial conglomerate Alfa. With Nemak's consolidation of its operations in 2009, the plant was closed except for the melting operation, which closed in 2012.
- "Essex Aluminum Plant". Retrieved 2012-10-17.
- "2002 Media Guide" (PDF). Ford Motor Company. Retrieved 2012-10-17.
- "Two Ford Plants Sold to Nemak". Retrieved 2012-10-17.
- "Essex Aluminum Plant to close". Windsor Star. Retrieved 2012-10-17.
- "Nemak plant to close for good". Windsor Star. Retrieved 2012-10-17.
|This article relating to an automotive factory or manufacturer facility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|