This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Erik Sandin (born July 29, 1966), is an American musician and the drummer of the punk rock band NOFX, and former member of punk rock band Caustic Cause. He was a founding member of NOFX when they formed in Hollywood, California, in 1983.
|Also known as||Smelly|
|Born||July 29, 1966|
|Associated acts||NOFX, Caustic Cause.|
Two years after forming NOFX, he moved to Santa Barbara, leaving the band. In just one year without Sandin, the band had already gone through two drummers (Scott Sellers and Scott Aldahl) and in 1986 the band talked Sandin into rejoining NOFX.
He has been NOFX's permanent drummer since his return in 1986, and played drums on every NOFX full-length album and EP released, including the 2007 live album They've Actually Gotten Worse Live!. The band Dogpiss featured a song about him called "Erik Sandin's Stand In" on the Fat Wreck Chords compilation album Short Music for Short People.
Before the recording of the 1992 album White Trash, Two Heebs and a Bean, NOFX frontman Fat Mike gave Sandin an ultimatum. He had to quit heroin or be replaced. After realizing that NOFX was the most important thing in his life and with assistance of Brett Gurewitz and Lynn Strait, Sandin entered rehab at The Ranch in Desert Hot Springs, California for treatment of heroin addiction. Sandin has not used the drug since. As it can be seen in the video series Backstage Passport, he conducts a more sober and "clean" life than his bandmates, often going back to the hotel after a show instead of hanging out and partying with the rest of the band.
- Erik Ghint (Arrogant) - White Trash, Two Heebs And A Bean
- Erik Shun (Erection) - S&M Airlines
- Groggy Nodbeggar - Ribbed
- Chris Telmeth (Crystal meth)
- Herb Reath Stinks (Her breath stinks) - Punk in Drublic
- Seymour Butts (See more butts) - The Longest Line EP
- Smelly - So Long and Thanks for All the Shoes, The War on Errorism, Coaster
Albums with NOFXEdit
- 1988 Liberal Animation
- 1989 S&M Airlines
- 1991 Ribbed
- 1992 The Longest Line
- 1992 Maximum Rocknroll
- 1992 White Trash, Two Heebs and a Bean
- 1994 Punk in Drublic
- 1995 I Heard They Suck Live!!
- 1996 Heavy Petting Zoo
- 1997 So Long and Thanks for All the Shoes
- 1999 The Decline
- 2000 Pump Up the Valuum
- 2002 45 or 46 Songs That Weren't Good Enough To Go On Our Other Records
- 2003 The War on Errorism
- 2006 Wolves in Wolves' Clothing
- 2007 They've Actually Gotten Worse Live!
- 2009 Coaster
- 2009 Cokie the Clown
- 2011 NOFX
- 2012 Self Entitled
- 2016 First Ditch Effort