Eric Mika (born January 5, 1995) is an American professional basketball player for the Sacramento Kings of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Mika played collegiately at Brigham Young University (BYU).
|No. 42 – Sacramento Kings|
|Born||January 5, 1995|
Salt Lake City, Utah
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||230 lb (104 kg)|
|High school||Lone Peak (Highland, Utah)|
|College||BYU (2013–2014, 2016–2017)|
|NBA draft||2017 / Undrafted|
|2018–2019||Basket Brescia Leonessa|
|Career highlights and awards|
High school careerEdit
Mika played at Waterford School his freshman and sophomore seasons before attending Lone Peak High School in Highland, Utah for his final 2 seasons. Mika help lead Lone Peak to a 26-1 record, the 2012-13 MaxPreps.com National Title and the 5A Utah state title with other future BYU Cougars Nick Emery and T.J. Haws.
Mika was named to the WCC All-Freshman Team and averaged double figures in points.
Mika returned to a BYU team and in his first season back from the mission field in 2016–17 he averaged over 20 points per game and nearly 10 rebounds a game. Mika was named to the All-West Coast Conference Team.
Mika declared for the 2017 NBA draft after his sophomore season. After going undrafted, Mika joined the Miami Heat for the NBA Summer League, then ultimately signed with Consultinvest Pesaro in Italy.
- "BYU leading scorer Eric Mika to remain in NBA draft, hire agent". ESPN.com. May 17, 2017. Retrieved July 20, 2017.
- "Eric Mika nuovo centro della VL". Consultinvest Pesaro (in Italian). July 20, 2017. Retrieved July 20, 2017.
- "Leonessa Brescia signs Eric Mika". Sportando.basketball. July 9, 2018. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- "Bayreuth signs Eric Mika". Eurohoops. January 8, 2019. Retrieved April 17, 2019.
- "Kings Sign Eric Mika". NBA.com. August 20, 2019. Retrieved September 27, 2019.
- Call, Jeff (February 22, 2014). "Current, future BYU basketball players heading out on missions". DeseretNews.com. Retrieved December 8, 2014.