Enrique Gato Borregán (born 26 April 1977 in Valladolid, Castile and León) is a Spanish filmmaker and 3D/2D animation designer known as the creator of Tadeo Jones. With this character (including two CGI animated shorts and one animated feature) he won three Goya Awards.
Enrique Gato Borregán
April 26, 1977
Gato was born in Valladolid and he grew up in Madrid. Since his childhood he was attracted by animation and technology. When the first personal computers arrived, he began to make his own videogames with an Amstrad CPC 6128.
In 1995 he started his informatic engineering studies at the university, where he learned to develop game engines for preview his own works and understand how to make the 3D geometric previews of several software like Maya, 3D Studio Max or Softimage.
While he was in university, he was hired by Artek, a company specialized in computer graphics. Once in there, he learned to work with programs such as TrueSpace and LightWave 3D, at the same moment Pixar were releasing the first works of CGI animation.
|2017||Tad Jones: The Secret of King Midas||Co-director||Lightbox, Paramount Pictures|
|2015||Capture the Flag||Director||Lightbox, Paramount Pictures|
|2012||La mano de Nefertiti||Executive producer||El Toro, Lightbox, Ikiru|
|2012||Tad, The Lost Explorer||Director||El Toro, Lightbox, Ikiru|
Goya at Best New Director
|2007||Tadeo Jones y el sótano maldito||Director||La Fiesta PC|
|2004||Tadeo Jones||Director||La Fiesta PC|
|1999||Pepe pescador||Animatic||Short film to Daniel Martínez Lara|
|1997||Starship Trappers||Director||Personal project|
|1994||Toy Jístory||Director||Personal project|
- Enrique Gato, Goya al mejor director novel por la animación de "Tadeo Jones", RTVE 2013, 18 February.
- Enrique Gato: Ganador del Goya al Mejor Director Novel, 2013, 6 February.
- Biografía de Enrique Gato, Hispavista.com.
- Entrevista: Enrique Gato, director de “Las aventuras de Tadeo Jones”: “Siempre me ha gustado Indiana Jones. Y creí que resultaría apetecible un personaje en el que se uniera acción y comedia a partes iguales”, Fila7.com Interview. 2013, 1 March
- Enrique Gato, director de ‘Las aventuras de Tadeo Jones’, coordinador de Animación de Trazos, Panorama Audiovisual, 2013, 25 January.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (July 21, 2014). "Paramount Takes Worldwide Distribution On Spain's 'Capture The Flag', 'Tad' Sequel". Deadline. Retrieved July 21, 2014.