This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Emperor Group is a diversified group of companies founded by Albert Yeung in Hong Kong. Albert Yeung's father, Mr Yeung Shing, opened a watch shop named "Shing On Kee Watch Shop" in 1942, setting the business foundation. Six companies within the Group are listed on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong. These include Emperor International Holdings Limited (Stock code: 163), which focuses on real estate investment and property development; Emperor Watch and Jewellery Limited (Stock code: 887), which specializes in the retail of luxury watches and fine jewellery; Emperor Entertainment Hotel Limited (Stock code: 296), which concentrates on hotel and gaming businesses in Macau; Emperor Capital Group Limited (Stock code: 717), which provides a wide range of financial services; and Emperor Culture Group Limited ( Stock code: 491), which principally engages in entertainment, media and cultural development business; and Ulferts International Limited (Stock code: 1711), which is engaged in chain retailing of upmarket European furniture.
|Industry||Financial Services, Property, Watch and Jewellery, Entertainment, Hospitality, Media, Furniture and Furnishing, Food and Beverage, e-Sports, Co-working Space|
|Founded||1942 Hong Kong|
|Albert Yeung (Chairman) Alex Yeung (Executive Director)|
As of 1989, the Emperor Group's investments included a printing service, investment and property holdings, the wholesale and retailing of furniture, infoline and money-lending services, securities and future brokerage services, entertainment, laser disc and video rental, and the supply of equipment for the pager business and Taiwan and mainland China. In 1992, it acquired 30% of the shares of the Hong Kong Daily News (Chinese: 新報; lit. 'new newspaper').
Established in 1978, the Emperor Financial Capital Group is now one of the largest financial services institutions in Hong Kong. It has also expanded to Macau and Southeast Asia. The group has two arms:
Emperor Financial Services Group, engaged in the business of forex, bullions and precious metals.
- Emperor International Exchange (Hong Kong) Company Limited is a licensed forex dealer in Hong Kong.
- Emperor Bullion Investments (Asia) Limited offers bullion and precious metals trading services, providing bullion transaction services to individual customers.
- Emperor Gold and Silver Online Limited provides Loco London Gold and Loco London Silver online margin trading services.
- Emperor Consultant Limited Specially established for investor education. It organizes seminars, provides informative resources and offers consultation services.
Watches and JewelleryEdit
Emperor Watch & Jewellery Limited (SEHK: 887) was founded in 1942 by Yeung Shing. The company is a retailer of timepieces and a manufacturer of jewellery. On 22 March 2011, the firm announced its 2010 annual results, reporting revenue of approximately HK$4,095 million, an increase of 52.5%.
Real estate investment and property development of Emperor Group are mainly managed byEmperor International Holdings Limited (SEHK: 163). Formally established in 1990, its operations were originally limited to Hong Kong. From 2005, the group began to acquire a number of properties in Macao. Beginning in 2006, the group has engaged in property development projects in Beijing. As of February 2011, the total value of the group's properties was HK$20 billion. In Hong Kong, the group has become the second largest landlord of ground-floor shop spaces on Russell Street in Causeway Bay where retail rents have risen to become the second highest in the world, ranking only below that of Fifth Avenue in New York.
Emperor Entertainment Group (EEG) was established in 1999. Its major businesses include production and distribution of local and foreign records, music publishing, talent management and concert production. The company is also engaged in theater, film and TV production, multimedia and merchandise licensing, retail and other businesses. Emperor Motion Pictures (Chinese:英皇電影 known as EMP) is a film producer and distributor, part of the Emperor Group.
Opened in 2006, Grand Emperor Hotel is located in Macau and offers dining, accommodations as well as gaming and entertainment facilities. It is managed by Emperor Entertainment Hotel Limited (SEHK: 296), a gaming business of its parent company Emperor International Holdings Limited.
New Media Group principally engages in magazine publishing and distribution, as well as in providing a marketing platform through advertising spaces to clients. Its flagship titles include Oriental Sunday, Weekend Weekly, NM+ New Monday and Economic Digest. The Group has actively developed its digital business in recent years and transformed into a multimedia platform. The group also owns a printing house named Hong Kong Daily Offset Printing to support the printing of the books and magazines.
Established in 1975, Ulferts is a furniture chain store in Hong Kong dealing in European brand furniture. In 1979, the firm started the production and sales of its proprietary mattress products under the "Ulfenbo" brand name.
Food and BeverageEdit
EES owns three professional eSports teams – G-REX (PUBG), G-REX Infinite (PUBG) and G-REX (LOL). Hong Kong's first professional, world champion League of Legends player Toyz, joined EES as Chief Team Manager.
Emperor Group's first co-working space, Mustard Seed, is located at Emperor Group Centre, Wan Chai, providing young entrepreneurs with resources, partnership opportunities, community affiliations as well as leasing options at a concessionary rent no higher than half of the market rental. The project has participated in the "Space Sharing Scheme for Youth" to support start-ups and young entrepreneurs.
- Chairman's Profile from Emperor Group Archived 2 December 2014 at the Wayback Machine
- Rawnsley, Gary D.; Rawnsley, Ming-Yeh T. (2003). Political Communications in Greater China: The Construction and Reflection of Identity. Routledge. pp. 197, 201. ISBN 9781135786755.
-  Emperor Financial Capital Group, About Us
-  Emperor Financial Capital Group, About Us
-  Archived 10 August 2011 at the Wayback Machine Emperor Watch & Jewellery Limited, About Us
- [permanent dead link] "Emperor Watch & Jewellery almost doubles profits in 2010". The luxury project. Retrieved 6 September 2011.
-  Emperor Group, Property
-  Emperor Group, Entertainment & Films
- 英皇電影(香港)有限公司 – 香港 (in Chinese). Hong Kong Trade Development Council. Retrieved 27 March 2011.
繼2003年港產片票房冠軍「千機變」及「飛龍再生」外，我們積極參與製作及發行多元化電影，包括：「千機變II」、「情癲大聖」、「戰‧鼓」、「功夫灌籃」、「功夫之王」，以及分別由中國著名導演姜文和陳凱歌執導的「太陽照常升起」及「梅蘭芳」。我們亦有發行外語猛片，如「色慾都市」，並一直全球發行「成龍英皇影業」多部電影，包括「寶貝計劃」、「新警察故事」及「神話」。此外，由爾冬陞執導，成龍主演的最新作品「新宿事件」，也屬我們出品及發行。[permanent dead link]
-  Emperor Group, Hospitality
- New Media Group Holdings CONTINUING CONNECTED TRANSACTIONS RENEWAL OF ANNUAL CAPS. "Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited and The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited" (PDF).
-  Emperor Group, Furniture
-  Emperor Group, Food & Restaurants
- Emperor Esports Star. "Emperor Esports Star".
- "Youth Development Commission – Youth Development Programmes – Startup – Space Sharing Scheme for Youth". Government of Hong Kong. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Emperor Group.|