- Not to be confused with the Nissan Elgrand van.
|Product type||Automobile marque|
The first Emgrand EC7 production models for retail sale were completed in July 2009 at the Geely plant in Ningbo, Zhejiang. The EC7 went on sale in China in mid-August 2009 as the marque's launch model. The second Emgrand production model, the Emgrand EC8, was launched in October 2010.
In December 2011 it was announced that Emgrand would be launched in the United Kingdom in late-2012, with the Emgrand EC7 planned to be the first model to go on sale. Emgrand vehicles were intended to be distributed in the UK by Manganese Bronze Holdings (which Geely owns), trading under the name Geely Auto UK. The launch was subsequently put on hold.
The Emgrand marque was discontinued in 2014 and its products were rebranded Emgrand series under Geely.
The following Emgrand were produced:
- Emgrand EC7 (compact front-wheel drive sedan and hatchback)
- Emgrand EC7-RV
- Emgrand EC8
- Emgrand X7 (SUV)
Emgrand unveiled three new concept cars at the 2012 Beijing Auto Show - the EX8, EX9 and GE.
Emgrand unveiled the KC concept car at the 2013 Shanghai Auto Show, a Mid-size sedan previewing the Emgrand EC9 production model. Due to the discontinuation of the Emgrand brand one year after, the production model was sold under the Geely brand as the Geely Borui.
Around 110,000 Emgrand vehicles were sold in China in 2011, a 50 per cent increase on 2010. 203,491 Emgrand vehicles were sold in China in 2013, making it the 23rd largest-selling car brand in the country (and the eighth largest-selling Chinese brand).
- "Geely Launches New Emgrand Sub-Brand". Inside Line. 28 July 2009. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "2009 Shanghai Auto Show: Geely's New Multi-Brand Strategy". Inside Line. 17 April 2009. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Geely to launch Emgrand EC7 in mid-August". Gasgoo. 23 July 2009. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Geely launches Emgrand EC8 today". Gasgoo. 29 October 2010. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- "Geely cars to be sold in the UK". The Telegraph. 5 December 2011. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Emgrand - brand and product". Geely. Archived from the original on 14 June 2012. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- "Geely's Emgrand GE debuts". China Daily. 24 April 2010. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Geely GE Picture". Inside Line. 19 April 2010. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Geely Emgrand: a model medium/high-end homegrown brand". Global Times. 25 May 2012. Archived from the original on 15 January 2013. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Another look at the Geely Emgrand KC concept on the Shanghai Auto Show". Car News China. 21 April 2013. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- "Geely reveals futuristic KC concept". China Car Times. 20 April 2013. Archived from the original on 22 April 2013. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- "2013 Passenger Vehicle Sales by Brand". China Auto Web. 15 January 2014. Retrieved 4 March 2014.