Embarrass Township, Edgar County, Illinois
Location in Edgar County
Edgar County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1856|
|• Total||44.14 sq mi (114.3 km2)|
|• Land||44.14 sq mi (114.3 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||669 ft (204 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||14/sq mi (5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
61917, 61933, 61943, 61944, 61949
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 44.14 square miles (114.3 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villagesEdit
- New Athens
The township contains these five cemeteries: Catfish, Catfish Point, Embarrass, Scott and Zimmerman. Shield cemetery lies on Coles county line, half in Embarrass township. Housel cemetery has records also.
Airports and landing stripsEdit
- Ewing Landing Strip
- Lamkey Landing Strip
- Kansas Community Unit School District 3
- Oakland Community Unit School District 5
- Shiloh Community Unit School District 1
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 110
- State Senate District 55
- "Embarrass Township, Edgar County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.