|Minister of Defence|
|Assumed office |
1 June 2018
|Prime Minister||Giuseppe Conte|
|Preceded by||Roberta Pinotti|
|Born||4 June 1967|
|Political party||Five Star Movement|
In 2009 Trenta was recalled in service as captain in the UNIFIL mission in Lebanon and in 2012 she coordinated a project in Libya for the reduction of illegal weapons. She is also deputy director of the Master in Intelligence and Security of Link Campus University, and has collaborated with the Military Center for Strategic Studies (CEMISS), focusing particularly on proxy wars.
According to her curriculum, Trenta is engaged in social work through two associations of which she is vice-president: "Children of Nassiriya Onlus", which carries out projects in Iraq, and the Flauto Magico.
Trenta ran in the 2018 general election for the Five Star Movement (M5S) without being elected. However, in June 2018, she was appointed Minister of Defence in the government of Giuseppe Conte, who led a cabinet composed by members of the M5S and League.
- "Italy government: Giuseppe Conte to head populist coalition". BBC News. Retrieved 31 May 2018.
- Elisabetta Trenta, chi è il ministro della difesa?
- "Trenta, analista Difesa con passione per il tango". ansa.it (in Italian). 2 June 2018. Retrieved 2 June 2018.
- Matteucci, Piera (26 May 2018). "Elisabetta Trenta ministro della Difesa: un'esperta di sicurezza con un'ombra di conflitto d'interessi". Repubblica.it (in Italian). Retrieved 1 June 2018.
- Colelgio Plurinominale Lazio 02
- Nasce governo M5s-Lega, Conte e i neoministri hanno giurato al Quirinale
| Minister of Defence
|This article about an Italian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|