Elijah Esaias Holyfield (born November 30, 1997) is an American football running back for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Georgia. He is the son of former professional World Champion boxer Evander Holyfield.
|No. 33 – Philadelphia Eagles|
|Born:||November 30, 1997|
College Park, Georgia
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||217 lb (98 kg)|
|High school:||Woodward Academy (College Park, GA)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
Holyfield played in five games as a true freshman at Georgia in 2016, rushing six times for 29 yards. As a sophomore in 2017, he rushed for 293 yards on 50 carries and two touchdowns. Splitting time with D'Andre Swift in 2018, Holyfield rushed for 1,018 yards on 159 carries with seven touchdowns. After the season, Holyfield decided to forego his senior year to pursue a career in the NFL.
|Height||Weight||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 10 3⁄8 in
|30 3⁄8 in
|4.78 s||29.5 in
|9 ft 10 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
Following the conclusion of the 2019 NFL Draft, Holyfield signed with the Carolina Panthers as an undrafted free agent on April 29, 2019. He was waived on September 1, 2019 and was re-signed to the practice squad.
- "RB Elijah Holyfield, son of ex-boxing champ, commits to Georgia". ABC News. 4 September 2015.
- "Elijah Holyfield more of a factor for this season's Bulldogs". timesfreepress.com.
- Staff reports, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "Bulldogs losing tailback Elijah Holyfield to NFL, too". ajc.
- "Georgia loses top receivers, RB Holyfield to draft". ESPN.com. 4 January 2019.
- "Elijah Holyfield Combine Profile". NFL.com. Retrieved December 31, 2019.
- Strickland, Bryan (April 29, 2019). "Panthers agree to terms with four undrafted rookies". Panthers.com.
- Henson, Max (September 1, 2019). "Panthers part with Torrey Smith, Elijah Holyfield, Kevon Seymour to make three waiver claims". Panthers.com.
- McPherson, Chris (December 31, 2019). "Eagles sign RB Elijah Holyfield and place DE Daeshon Hall on Injured Reserve". PhiladelphiaEagles.com. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- Tierney, Mike (19 September 2014). "Boxing Is in Elijah Holyfield's Blood, but Football Is in His Future" – via NYTimes.com.
- Emerson, Seth. "Elijah Holyfield and Monty Rice, two emerging Georgia..." The Athletic.
- "Golden: Georgia RB Holyfield, just like champion dad, has been the real deal". Hookem.com.