Both countries are members of the Group of 77.
In trading relationships, Egypt is an important trading partner for Uruguay, with over US$26m in soybean sales; Egypt is also an important buyer of Uruguayan lambs. Since 2004 there is a Framework Agreement between Egypt and the Mercosur countries.
There is an Egyptian Center for Islamic Culture in Montevideo.
- Embassy of Egypt in Montevideo Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- Embassy of Uruguay in Cairo Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- Uruguayan Consulate in Alexandria Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- "Notable growth of Uruguay's exports to new destination countries". La República. 11 January 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2013. (in Spanish)
- Uruguay's exports of live cattle (PDF) (in Spanish)
- "Mercosur-Egypt Framework Agreement". Parliament of Uruguay. 7 July 2004. Archived from the original on 14 September 2007. Retrieved 14 September 2013. (in Spanish)
- Egyptian Museum in Montevideo Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- Uruguayan Society of Egyptology Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- Publications of the Uruguayan Society of Egyptology Retrieved 15 September 2013. Archived March 11, 2015, at the Wayback Machine
- "Interview to Amed Awad Abdallah, religious principal of the Egyptian Center for Islamic Culture" (in Spanish). CX 14 El Espectador. Archived from the original on 4 October 2008.