Edwards is an unincorporated town, a post office, and a census-designated place (CDP) located in and governed by Eagle County, Colorado, United States. Edwards is the principal town of the Edwards, CO Micropolitan Statistical Area. The Edwards post office has the ZIP Code 81632. At the United States Census 2020, the population of the Edwards CDP was 11,246. The Edwards Metropolitan District provides services.
|• Type||unincorporated town|
|• Total||26.789 sq mi (69.382 km2)|
|• Land||26.636 sq mi (68.988 km2)|
|• Water||0.152 sq mi (0.394 km2)|
|Elevation||7,552 ft (2,302 m)|
|• Density||420/sq mi (160/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
|GNIS feature||Edwards CDP|
Edwards is in the valley of the Eagle River and extends southwards up the valleys of Lake Creek and Colorow Creek, at the north end of the Sawatch Range. It is bordered to the east by the town of Avon. U.S. Route 6 runs through the center of Edwards on the south side of the Eagle River, while Interstate 70 runs through the CDP north of the river, with access from Exit 163. Via I-70, it is 14 miles (23 km) east to Vail, 110 miles (180 km) east to Denver, 17 miles (27 km) west to Eagle, and 47 miles (76 km) west to Glenwood Springs.
The Edwards CDP has an area of 17,145 acres (69.382 km2), including 97 acres (0.394 km2) of water.
|Source: United States Census Bureau|
Ski resorts Edit
See also Edit
- "U.S. Board on Geographic Names: Domestic Names". United States Geological Survey. Retrieved December 21, 2020.
- "State of Colorado Census Designated Places - BAS20 - Data as of January 1, 2020". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved December 21, 2020.
- United States Census Bureau. "Edwards CDP, Colorado". Retrieved April 17, 2023.
- "Look Up a ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved December 21, 2020.
- "Post offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Archived from the original on March 6, 2016. Retrieved June 25, 2016.
- Dawson, John Frank. Place names in Colorado: why 700 communities were so named, 150 of Spanish or Indian origin. Denver, CO: The J. Frank Dawson Publishing Co. p. 19.