In 1642, Wooster enters the record as one of the first colonists of Milford, Connecticut. In 1651, he received permission to settle an area known as "Paugusset". In 1669, he was appointed constable of Paugusset.
Edward Wooster died on July 8, 1689. Wooster's tombstone in Derby states:
- In memory of Edward Wooster 1622–1689
- The first permanent settler in Derby — 1651 —
- "The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them
- and the desert shall rejoice and blossom as the rose"
- Derby website (2003-10-21). "Tombstone of Edward Wooster". Derby History Quiz Archives. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (August 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)