Eduardo Ferrer Ríos is a Puerto Rican politician. He was elected to the Puerto Rico House of Representatives in the 2012 general election. Ferrer is the brother of former Representative and President of the PPD Héctor Ferrer.
Eduardo Ferrer Ríos
|Member of the Puerto Rico House of Representatives from the 6th|
May 24, 2012 – July 1, 2013
|Preceded by||Héctor Ferrer|
|Majority Whip of the Puerto Rico House of Representatives|
January 2, 2013 – July 1, 2013
|Born||November 28, 1973|
San Juan, Puerto Rico
|Political party||Popular Democratic Party (PPD)|
Ferrer won a spot on the PPD ballot at the primaries earlier in 2012. He arrived in seventh place in the voting, and wouldn't have been elected. However, a scandal involving his own brother forced second place candidate Carmen Yulín Cruz to relinquish her ballot spot for Representative to run for Mayor of San Juan, allowing Eduardo to move into sixth place. Due to his brother's resignation from the House, Ferrer was sworn in on May 24, 2012 to fill his spot.
- "Representantes por Acumulación, Resultados Isla". CEEPUR. December 22, 2012. Archived from the original on 2013-01-02.
- "Representantes por Acumulación, Resultados Isla". CEEPUR. May 16, 2012.
- "La victoria más dulce es la de Carmen Yulín". El Nuevo Día. November 7, 2012.
- "Juramentan como representantes Eduardo Ferrer Ríos y Víctor Parés Otero". El Nuevo Día. May 24, 2012.
- Hernández, Yanira (November 15, 2012). "Al mando Bhatia y Perelló". El Nuevo Día.
- Bauzá, Nydia (May 24, 2012). "Juramentan Víctor Parés Otero y Eduardo Ferrer Ríos". Primera Hora.