Edison and Leo
Edison and Leo is a 2008 stop-motion animated feature film produced by Perfect Circle Production and Infinity Entertainment .
|Edison and Leo|
|Directed by||Neil Burns|
|Produced by||Dean English|
|Screenplay by||Daegan Fryklind|
|Story by||George Toles|
|Music by||Michael Richard Plowman|
|Edited by||Joseph Fitzpatrick|
Perfect Circle Productions
|Distributed by||TVA Films|
The film is about the relationship between crazy scientist George Edison and his son Leo. After being electrocuted as a child, Leo is no longer able to touch people without electrocuting them.
- Powers Boothe ... George T. Edison
- Jay Brazeau ... Captain Samuel Edison
- Ben Cotton ... Faraday Edison
- Aiden Drummond ... Young Faraday
- Brian Drummond ... Braken-Carl
- Colin Murdock ... Gokul
- Quinn Lord ... Young Leo
- Venus Terzo ... Lotte
- Scott McNeil ... Batchelor
- Ashley Michaels ... Helka
- Carly Pope ... Zella
- Jacqueline Samuda ... Toni
- Gregory Smith ... Leonardo "Leo" Edison
It is one of the first stop-motion feature films to not target the family audience, and is being distributed in Canada by TVA Film. Technical director Jean-Luc Dinsdale used Automatic Duck to arrange the film.
The film's world premier was on September 4, 2008, as the Opening Film of the Canada First section at the Toronto International Film Festival. Toronto International Film Festival Programmer Jesse Wente said about it: "The animation is so gorgeous it almost made me vomit - in a good way - when you see the scene you’ll know what I mean" .
- "'Edison and Leo,' and Automatic Duck Solve Impossible Workflow for Canada's First Stop Motion Animated Film". Archived from the original on 2010-03-08. Retrieved 2009-09-05.