Eddsworld is a British animated comedy web series of flash animations, comics, and Newgrounds browser games created by Edd Gould. They are distributed on Newgrounds, DeviantArt, YouTube, Albino Blacksheep, Tumblr, and BBC. They were previously distributed on SheezyArt and the main Eddsworld site until they were shut down.
|Created by||Edd Gould|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Original release||December 20, 2004|
Following Edd Gould's death on March 25, 2012, Thomas Ridgewell became the series' new showrunner, launching a crowdfunding campaign to continue the show titled Eddsworld: Legacy. Preceding the release of Eddsworld: Legacy's final episode, Ridgewell announced he was leaving the show and handing control of the series to Matt Hargreaves and Gould's family.
On January 1, 2017, the show's website went back online with new Eddsworld comics written and illustrated by Matt Hargreaves. On August 1, 2020, a new short was released to kick off a new era of the show called Eddsworld Beyond, with Hargreaves as showrunner. As of August 2021[update], the Eddsworld YouTube channel has more than 3 million subscribers.
At the time of Gould's death in March of 2012, his YouTube channel had the most subscribers in the comedian category for the United Kingdom and was the 4th most viewed comedian in the United Kingdom. Eddsworld was noticed by the organizers of the 2009 United Nations Climate Change Conference who commissioned an episode about climate change, used in the opening ceremony of the conference.
Cast and charactersEdit
|Edd||Edd Gould||Tim Hautekiet[a]||George Gould|
|Tom||Thomas Ridgewell||Ed Templer|
|Tord||Tord Larsson[b]||Jamie Spicer-Lewis||Does not appear|
|Eduardo||Chris O'Neill||Brock Baker|
|Jon||Eddie Bowley||Does not appear|
|The Evil Director||Christopher Bingham||None||Does not appear|
|Paul||Paul ter Voorde||Does not appear|
|Zanta Claws||Josh Tomar||Does not appear|
|Ell||Does not appear||Vicky Gould|
|Tamara||Does not appear||Chloe Dungate||Rachel Kiki|
|Matilda||Does not appear||Alice Ann Stacey||Jennifer Bingham|
- Archival recordings of Edd Gould are used in "Space Face (Part 1)" and "The End (Part 1)."
- Voice acted until "25ft Under the Seat," with a guest appearance in "WTFuture."
- Edd (voiced by Edd Gould from 2004 to 2012, then, following Gould's death, Tim Hautekiet from 2012 to 2016, and George Gould from 2020 to the present) – An adventurous artist who loves to tell puns and loves Cola and Bacon.
- Tom (voiced by Thomas Ridgewell from 2005 to 2016, Ed Templer from 2021 to the present) – A cynical alcoholic who plays the bass and is frequently dragged along on Edd's adventures.
- Matt (voiced by Matt Hargreaves) – A dim-witted narcissist who is obsessed with mirrors and his own face.
- Tord (voiced by Tord Larsson from 2005 to 2008 and Jamie Spicer-Lewis in 2016) – A trigger-happy inventor who is often seen smoking a cigar. Tord moves away in "25ft Under the Seat", but returns with malicious intent in "The End (Part 1)".
- Eduardo (voiced by Chris O'Neill from 2010 to 2011 and Brock Baker from 2014 to the present) – Edd's next-door neighbor and bitter rival.
- Jon (voiced by Eddie Bowley from 2010 to 2016) – Eduardo's housemate and counterpart of Tom.
- Mark (voiced by Ben Rudman) – Eduardo's housemate and counterpart of Matt.
- The Evil Director (voiced by Christopher Bingham) – A villainous film director who attempts to clone Edd and his friends to make them watch his movie.
- Paul (voiced by Paul ter Voorde from 2008 to 2013) – A military guard who takes on multiple roles throughout the series.
- Zanta Claws (voiced by Josh Tomar) – A zombified version of Santa Claus hell-bent on destroying Christmas.
- Santa Claus (voiced by Josh Tomar) – The newest Santa who replaced Zanta after he died.
- Ell (voiced by Vicky Gould) – The gender-swapped version of Edd.
- Tamara (voiced by Chloe Dungate in 2015 and Rachel Kiki in 2020) – The gender-swapped version of Tom.
- Matilda (voiced by Alice Ann Stacey in 2015 and Jennifer Bingham in 2020) – The gender-swapped version of Matt.
|First aired||Last aired|
|Eddsworld||25||March 18, 2006||July 23, 2011|
|Eddsworld: Legacy||13||September 12, 2012||March 16, 2016|
|Eddsworld Beyond||TBA||April 1, 2021||TBA|
All episodes from this era are animated by Edd Gould.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||YouTube air date||Newgrounds air date|
|1||1||"Tord's Adventure"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould||March 18, 2006||March 17, 2006|
|After Edd sends an embarrassing picture of Tord, Tord flies all the way to London to kill Edd.|
|2||2||"Zombeh Nation"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould||November 12, 2006||November 11, 2006|
|After Matt is surrounded by Zombehs, the gang go to save him.|
|3||3||"Breakfast"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould||December 6, 2006||August 16, 2006|
|After Edd almost eats the last piece of bacon, Tord and Edd fight over the bacon and end up getting injured in the end.|
|4||4||"Christmas Visitor"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould||December 15, 2006||December 10, 2006|
|Edd gets an unexpected "visitor" on Christmas Eve..|
|5||5||"Hello Hellhole"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould||January 25, 2007||January 17, 2007|
|The gang go to hell, after attempting to watch Insane Zombies Pirates from Hell 3.|
|6||6||"This World of Edd"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould||March 2, 2007||March 1, 2007|
|After Edd realizes he’s the only person on Earth, he decides to do whatever he wants.. but shortly after kills himself.|
|7||7||"Zombeh Attack"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould||June 28, 2007||October 4, 2005|
|The gang get stuck in a zombie infested city.|
|8||8||"Zombeh Attack 2"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould||May 3, 2007||May 6, 2006|
|Tord rises from the grave and needs Edd's help for the Necronomicon, but someone has the exact same plan..|
|9||9||"Zombeh Attack 3"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould|
Co-Written by: Matt Hargreaves, Thomas Ridgewell, and Tord Larsson
|April 29, 2007||April 28, 2007|
|Matt's back for the final showdown. Can Edd and Tom save the world?|
|10||10||"The Dudette Next Door"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould and Tord Larsson||June 21, 2007||September 18, 2005|
|Edd and Tord meet their new neighbor.. and each other's fists.|
|11||11||"Ruined"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould||September 2, 2007||September 2, 2007|
|When Edd attempts to hide Tom's bass (Susan), he discovers ancient ruins in the dirt.|
|12||12||"Halloween Special 2007"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould||October 2007||October 21, 2007|
|After an axe-wielding maniac hears Edd's comment about him, he tries to kill Edd and friends.|
|13||13||"Zanta Claws"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould and Thomas Ridgewell||December 21, 2007||December 21, 2007|
|The gang meet Santa Claus… a weirder version.|
|14||14||"Spares"||Edd Gould and Thomas Ridgewell||Edd Gould and Thomas Ridgewell||May 16, 2008||May 16, 2008|
|After only getting 4 viewers, an Evil Director decides to clone the gang 4 million times so he can be successful,|
|15||15||"Moving Targets"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould||July 2, 2008||July 2, 2008|
|Having nowhere to go for holiday and no money, the gang decide to join the army.|
|16||16||"25ft Under the Seat"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould||September 28, 2008||September 27, 2008|
|Tord leaves, and Matt flushes Edd's fridge keys down the toilet, so the gang go to down the toilet Atlantis.|
|17||17||"Matt Sucks"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould||October 29, 2008||October 27, 2008|
|After Matt gets bitten by a vampire on Halloween, he decides to bite the others.|
|18||18||"Zanta Claws II"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould||December 18, 2008||December 17, 2008|
|After Zanta kidnaps Santa, it’s up to the gang to save him.|
|19||19||"MovieMakers"||Thomas Ridgewell||Edd Gould and Thomas Ridgewell||April 19, 2009||April 19, 2009|
|The gang tries to make a movie.|
|20||20||"Climate Change"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould||October 12, 2009||TBA|
|The gang use too much electricity, causing a giant wave to come to them.|
|21||21||"Xmas Day"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould|
With help from: Matt Hargreaves and Thomas Ridgewell
|December 20, 2009||December 20, 2009|
|The gang celebrate Christmas.. but it’s not as they expected.|
|22||22||"WTFuture"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould||February 13, 2010||February 13, 2010|
|Edd's future self attempts to kill him due to Cola being outlawed as a drug.|
|23||23||"Hammer and Fail: Rival Builders (Part 1)"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould and Tom Bown||September 10, 2010||September 10, 2010|
|Due to Matt having way too much stuff in his room, the gang decide to add an extension to their house.. but their next-door neighbors bother.|
|24||24||"Zanta Claws III"||Thomas Ridgewell||Thomas Ridgewell, Edd Gould, and Tom Bown||December 22, 2010||December 22, 2010|
|The gang have to save Christmas when Tom tries to destroy it.|
|25||25||"Hammer and Fail: Rooftop Rumble (Part 2)"||Edd Gould||Edd Gould and Tom Bown||July 23, 2011||July 23, 2011|
|A demon possesses Matt but leaves due to his vainness and stupidity.|
Eddsworld: Legacy (2012–16)Edit
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Animated by||YouTube air date||Newgrounds air date|
|26||1||"Space Face (Part 1)"||Thomas Ridgewell||Thomas Ridgewell||Edd Gould and Paul ter Voorde||June 2, 2012||June 7, 2012|
|The gang is kidnapped by aliens on a tour around their ship.|
|27||2||"Date Night"||Thomas Ridgewell||Thomas Ridgewell||Paul ter Voorde||September 12, 2012||September 13, 2012|
|Matt gets a date, but she soon leaves him after he gets flashbacks of his room.|
|28||3||"Space Face (Part 2)"||Thomas Ridgewell||Thomas Ridgewell||Paul ter Voorde||November 26, 2012||TBA|
|The gang get trapped in the garbage disposal bay, so they have fun.|
|29||4||"The Snogre"||Thomas Ridgewell||Thomas Ridgewell||Paul ter Voorde||February 7, 2013||February 7, 2013|
|After an chemical spills on Tom's snowman, it spreads to other snow things.|
|30||5||"Hide and Seek"||Thomas Ridgewell||Eddie Bowley and Thomas Ridgewell||Kati Knitt||December 24, 2013||December 24, 2013|
|The gang decide to play Hide and Seek, but when Matt finds a place to hide, he hallucinates.|
|31||6||"Fun Dead"||Thomas Ridgewell||Thomas Ridgewell and Eddie Bowley||Paul ter Voorde||February 28, 2014||TBA|
|The gang go to ASDFLand, but there’s something they don’t realize.|
|32||7||"PowerEdd"||Thomas Ridgewell||Thomas Ridgewell and Eddie Bowley||Anthony 'Kreid' Price||December 31, 2014||TBA|
|After Edd and Eduardo get zapped by an satellite, they get superpowers.|
|33||8||"Mirror Mirror"||Thomas Ridgewell||Eddie Bowley, Thomas Ridgewell, and Matt Hargreaves||Sandra Rivas||August 28, 2015||TBA|
|After going to the magic store, the gang find out there’s a female version of themselves..|
|34||9||"Trick or Threat"||Thomas Ridgewell||Thomas Ridgewell and Eddie Bowley||Brandon Turner||October 23, 2015||TBA|
|A little girl possesses Matt and Edd.|
|35||10||"Christmas Eddventure"||Thomas Ridgewell and Eddie Bowley||Thomas Ridgewell and Eddie Bowley||Brandon Turner||December 18, 2015||TBA|
|The North Pole gets invaded by penguins, but Tom won’t let them go on any Christmas adventures.|
|36||11||"Saloonatics"||Thomas Ridgewell and Eddie Bowley||Thomas Ridgewell and Eddie Bowley||Pearl Zhang|
|February 12, 2016||TBA|
|Edd reads a diary about the gang's ancestors.|
|37||12||"The End (Part 1)"||Thomas Ridgewell and Eddie Bowley||Thomas Ridgewell and Eddie Bowley||Paul ter Voorde||March 9, 2016||March 16, 2016|
|Tord returns and redoes adventures with the gang.|
|38||13||"The End (Part 2)"||Thomas Ridgewell and Eddie Bowley||Thomas Ridgewell and Eddie Bowley||Brandon Turner, Greg McMahon, Matt Ley, Jamie Spicer-Lewis, Kati Knitt, Joshua Palmer, Anthony Price, Ben Smallman, Marc Lovallo, and Billy Crinion||March 16, 2016||March 16, 2016|
|The gang realize Tord may not be what he seems, meanwhile Tom buys a new home.|
Eddsworld Beyond (2021–)Edit
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Lead Animator||YouTube air date||Newgrounds air date|
|39||1||"The Beaster Bunny[a]"||Matt Hargreaves||Matt Hargreaves and Jamie Spicer-Lewis||Jon Lopez||April 1, 2021||April 1, 2021|
|Edd and the gang go to an Easter festival but not everything is as it seems.....|
- On Newgrounds and the title card, this episode is simply titled "Beaster Bunny"
- "About". Eddsworld. 16 November 2020. Retrieved 16 November 2020.
- "Eddsworld Christmas '04".
- Marcy Gardner (16 March 2016). "Eddsworld: Long May It Spin". TenEighty Magazine. Archived from the original on 17 June 2020. Retrieved 8 January 2021.
- "BBC Comedy Clips: Almeratron". BBC. 6 July 2010. Archived from the original on 25 January 2011. Retrieved 1 August 2020.
- Strohman, Donald (10 March 2016). "Eddsworld: The End of a Legacy | The Young Folks". The Young Folks. Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- Teed, Paul (14 April 2012). "Tributes flood in for Eddsworld creator, who died aged 23". Richmond and Twickenham Times. Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- Gutelle, Sam (23 March 2016). "TomSka's New Documentary Explains How Eddsworld Survived Its Creator's Death". Tubefilter. Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- thetomska (16 March 2016). "Goodbye, old friend". Tumblr. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- Eddsworld (1 August 2020). "Eddsworld - Fan Service 2". YouTube. Retrieved 1 August 2020.
- "Eddsworld". YouTube. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- Vaughan, Adam (5 November 2009). "Guardian: One Minute To Save The World". The Guardian. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- "TV/E and WWF hook up with young filmmakers to highlight climate change one million times". WWF. 15 October 2009. Retrieved 11 February 2020.