Eagleby is a suburb of Logan City in Queensland, Australia located on the southern bank of the Logan River at the juncture with the Albert which forms the southern and eastern boundary. The Pacific Motorway marks the western boundary. Eagleby is northeast of Beenleigh, and was originally a suburb of Beenleigh.
Logan City, Queensland
Beenleigh-Logan Cricket Ground, 2016
|Population||13,326 (2016 census)|
|Location||33 km (21 mi) from Brisbane GPO|
There is a post office at Eagleby Shopping Plaza at the corner of River Hills and Fryar Roads. The crossroads is the centre of the suburb, and also has the Eagleby State School which opened in 1906, then closed on 10 July 1966 and reopened 25 January 1988 as well as the local pub. A second primary school Eagleby South State School opened on 23 January 1978.  Major shopping centres and services are at Beenleigh and the Logan Hyperdome at Loganholme. Eagleby is also the home of the Beenleigh Distillery and Twin Rivers Food Co Op.
A waste water treatment plant is located in Eagleby. The facility was established in 1967 and processes water in three stages before releasing it into the Albert River.
The postcode is 4207. There is a bus service (Logan City Bus Service), TransLink 563 that runs approximately 6:00am to 7:00pm weekdays with a reduced service on Saturdays. The 553 runs at the west end of River Hills Road hourly into the evenings and on weekends, however this does not service the majority of homes in Eagleby. Most of the homes in Eagleby lie between 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) and 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) from Beenleigh Railway Station.
In the 2016 census, Eagleby recorded a population of 13,326 people, 47.9% male and 52.1% female. The median age of the Eagleby population was 37 years, 1 year below the national median of 38. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people made up 4.4% of the population. 65.5% of people were born in Australia. The most common countries of birth were New Zealand 10.2%, England 4.5% and Philippines 1.2%. 81.4% of people spoke only English at home. Other languages spoken at home included Turkish 1.2% and Maori (New Zealand) 0.8%. The most common responses for religion were No Religion 31.4%, Catholic 15.9% and Anglican 14.7%.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Eagleby (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 8 January 2019. Material was copied from this source, which is available under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License Archived 2017-10-16 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Eagleby (entry 45263)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "Opening and closing dates of Queensland Schools". Queensland Government. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Beenleigh Waste water Treatment Plant" (PDF). Logan City Council. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2 April 2016. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- "2016Census_G_QLD_SSC - Census DataPacks - General Community Profile". Australian Bureau of Statistics – Census 2016. Archived from the original on 29 July 2017. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "Branch Locations". Queensland Country Women's Association. Archived from the original on 26 December 2018. Retrieved 26 December 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eagleby, Queensland.|