ETC (Philippine TV channel)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
ETC (stylized as etc) is a commercial broadcasting television network in the Philippines owned by the Southern Broadcasting Network subsidiary of Solar Entertainment Corporation. Its digital free-to-air broadcast is carried by SBN's flagship station, DWCP-DTV (channel 21) in Metro Manila. The channel's analog broadcast is fed on its lone provincial TV station, DXSS-TV (channel 7) in Davao City. The channel is also carried by cable and satellite providers, including Sky Cable, Destiny Cable, Cablelink, Sky Direct, G Sat, Cignal and SatLite, along with various provincial cable operators and through online streaming.
|Slogan||I Am ETC|
|Headquarters||Third Floor Worldwide Corporate Center, EDSA corner Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City, Philippines|
Filipino (secondary and primary for ETCinema and ETCerye)
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Owner||Solar Entertainment Corporation|
|Former names||On Channel 9|
RPN/NV9/CS9/Solar TV Affiliates:ETC(Philippines) with (October 15, 1969 – November 30, 2013)
|SBN Owned and Operated stations||Digital: Channel 21 (Metro Manila) (LCN: 21.02)|
Analog: Channel 7 (Davao City)
|Sky Cable / Destiny Cable|
(Metro Manila, Rizal, Cavite, Laguna, Bulacan)
(Laoag, Baguio, Dagupan, Batangas, Naga, Iloilo, Bacolod, Cebu, Davao, Zamboanga, Cagayan de Oro, General Santos)
|Solar WatchNow||Watch Live (Philippines only)|
ETC operates 24 hours daily (including the annual Paschal Triduum) on Solar's digital free TV (under test broadcast) as well as on most pay TV and streaming service providers. It formerly operated daily from 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. on free-to-air analog TV broadcast until September 2019, when SBN permanently closed its analog signal.
ETC broadcasts from Solar's master control facility and studios located at the Third Floor of the Worldwide Corporate Center, Epifanio de los Santos corner Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City, while SBN's sales office is located at the 22/F Strata 2000 Bldg., F. Ortigas Jr., Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City. SBN holds free-to-air broadcasts from its transmitter and tower site located at Nuestra Señora de la Paz Subdivision, Bo. Sta. Cruz, Antipolo, Rizal.
On January 1, 2004, ETC was launched on various cable and satellite providers as "Entertainment Central".
On January 1, 2008, ETC ceased to air over Sky Cable as a separate channel. As part of the Solar network's block-time agreements with various terrestrial channels, ETC started airing over SBN 21, a terrestrial UHF TV station in the Philippines.
However, ETC returned to SBN on November 30, 2013, as Solar News Channel moved to RPN the following day to allow SNC's wider coverage. (SNC and RPN, however, were sold to ALC Group of Companies chair, Ambassador Antonio Cabangon Chua, in August the following year, due to the Tieng's loss of revenue after investing on RPN.) 
After its sister channel 2nd Avenue ended broadcasting on June 5, 2018 after 12 years of broadcasts, many of its programs moved to this channel.
On November 21, 2018, ETC unveiled its new station ID and on-air graphics. At the same time, the network also launched their new slogans, In Full Bloom and #IamETC.
Mainly targeting the young adult demographics, ETC's programming currently consists of sitcoms, drama series, reality and entertainment news programs from the U.S. The network also produces and/or airs local programming, including news programs, lifestyle, infotainment and entertainment programs Etcetera and reality programs Project Runway Philippines, I Am Meg and Mega Fashion Crew, the latter of which is produced by the One Mega Group and TV 100 Production.
Relay and affiliate stationsEdit
According to National Urban Television Audience Measurement, ETC is the top-ranked female television channel with cable and free TV ratings combined (January 2012 - May 2012) with a 10.33% audience share.
- ETC on RPN-9 starting March 2 Archived November 4, 2013, at the Wayback Machine retrieved via www.philstar.com Feb 25, 2011
- Tiengs move into news Manila Standard Today. Feb 25, 2011. Retrieved February 25, 2011.
- Coloma: Privatization of RPN 9, IBC 13 in the works retrieved March 1, 2011 GMA News Online
- ETC Moves To RPN-9 on March 2 retrieved via www.clickthecity.com Feb 28, 2011
- RPN 9 to lay off 200 workers Archived January 8, 2015, at the Wayback Machine retrieved October 1, 2012 InterAksyon.com
- RPN-9 to cut 200 jobs, may stop airing 'Newswatch' retrieved October 2, 2012 Rappler
- Solar News Channel - Expect wider reach and a richer viewing experience retrieved November 5, 2013
- ETC MOVES TO SBN-21 STARTING NOVEMBER 30 Retrieved November 26, 2014
- ETC moves to channel 21
- Liz, Laureen Uy have own TV show retrieved September 1, 2014 via News.ABS-CBN.com
- AUDITION FOR MEGA FASHION CREW RELOADED THIS JUNE 29 – 30![permanent dead link] retrieved via megastyle.ph Nov 26, 2014
- "ETC is the #1 Female Channel in the Philippines!". etc. Retrieved July 17, 2012.