Emlyon Business School
emlyon business school is a French leading business school. It was founded in Lyon, France in 1872 by the local business community, and is affiliated to the Lyon Chamber of Commerce and Industry. It has triple accreditation: EQUIS by the EFMD, AMBA, and the AACSB. emlyon has 6 campuses currently: Lyon, Saint-Étienne, Paris, Shanghai, Casablanca and Bhubaneswar.
|Type||Private business school|
|Affiliation||CGE, AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA, Alliance Lyon Grenoble Business School|
The first name of the school was ESCAE Lyon, then École supérieure de commerce de Lyon (ESCL), then changed to EM Lyon in 1997, for the 125th anniversary of the school. The final name, emlyon business school, was chosen in 2005.
At the end of March 2016, emlyon business school and Grenoble School of Management announced their alliance, the Alliance Lyon Grenoble Business School, centered on innovation, entrepreneurship, growth, and new business.
For many years, emlyon has developed partnerships with Chinese universities. A "Master en Administration des Affaires de Canton" (Master of Business Administration) in collaboration with the "Université Lyon-III" (Jean Moulin University Lyon 3) and the Lingnan College (part of the Sun Yat-sen University) was launched in 1997. It is a fully French speaking Master, which has been awarded in 2004 by the Chinese Ministry of Education. EMLYON opened an office in Shanghai in 2000 and a new campus in September 2007 within the campus of the East China Normal University.
|FT - Master in Management||20th||30th||26th||27th||40th|
|FT - Master in Finance||-||-||24th||24th||33rd|
|FT - European Business School Rankings||-||-||20th||22nd||21st|
|FT - Global MBA||-||-||-||-||99th|
|FT - Executive MBA||-||-||87th||83rd||63rd|
In 2018, Times Higher Education ranked emlyon in the 34th position of its Global University Employability Ranking, being placed for the third consecutive year in the top 50 in the world and second place in France.
emlyon business school hosts the student association the Petit Paumé, which is the second-largest student association in France in terms of financial means. emlyon business school also hosts an event called "Le défi de Bacchus", which is the biggest wine-testing competition in Europe, gathering students and professionals. A competition well known for the degustation of French "grands crus" such as Château d'Yquem and because the restaurants where this event takes place are always Michelin starred.
- "Grenoble Ecole de management et l'EM Lyon s'allient pour « bâtir une faculté de niveau mondial »". Le Monde.fr. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- emlyon. "Chiffres clés - EMLYON Business School". emlyon. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- "Alliance at the Summit for EM Lyon and Grenoble School of management - Place Gre'net". placegrenet.fr. 3 May 2016. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- "International Focus". em-lyon.com. Archived from the original on 15 February 2012. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- "Bhubaneswar | Training sessions offered by EML Executive". executive.em-lyon.com. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- "Best universities for graduate jobs: Global University Employability Ranking 2018". Times Higher Education (THE). 2018-11-14. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- (in French)Palmarès 2014 des meilleures associations étudiantes
- Official emlyon website
- Find the school on a map
- Interview with Joe LiPuma - EMLYON MBA Director
- Social Networks