ECW World Tag Team Championship
The ECW World Tag Team Championship was a professional wrestling world tag team championship in Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW). It was introduced in National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) affiliate and ECW precursor, Eastern Championship Wrestling in 1992, but was established under ECW in 1994.
|ECW World Tag Team Championship|
|Promotion||Extreme Championship Wrestling|
|Date established||August 27, 1994|
|Date retired||April 4, 2001|
The ECW World Tag Team Championship was introduced on June 23, 1992 under Eastern Championship Wrestling, the precursor to ECW as the Eastern Championship Wrestling Tag Team Championship. This was during the time Eastern Championship Wrestling was a member of the NWA. In September 1994, Eastern Championship Wrestling seceded from the NWA, and became Extreme Championship Wrestling. The title was then established as a world tag team championship and became known as the Extreme Championship Wrestling World Tag Team Championship. On January 3, 1997, wrestling legend Killer Kowalski presented ECW World Tag Team Champions The Eliminators with brand-new title belts in Webster, Massachusetts. The championship continued to be defended within the promotion until April 2001, when ECW closed down. ECW's assets were subsequently purchased by World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). In 2006, WWE relaunched ECW as a WWE brand that remained active until 2010. However, the tag team championship was not reactivated.
|1||The Night Breed|
(Max Thrasher and Glen Osbourne)
(Mr. Anthony and Mr. Perez)
|The Night Breed|
|The Super Destroyers||Pin|
|3||J.T. Smith and Jimmy Jannetty|
|2||The Super Destroyers||Pin|
- "ECW World Tag Team Title". Wrestling-Titles. Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- Loverro, Thorm (2006). The Rise and Fall of ECW. Paul Heyman, Tazz Dreamer, Tazz, Tommy Dreamer. Simon and Schuster. pp. 5–24. ISBN 1-4165-1058-3. Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- "United States Bankruptcy Court: Case No. 01-B-11982 (ASH)" (PDF). United States Bankruptcy Court. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 17, 2008. Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- "WWE Launches ECW As Third Brand". World Wrestling Entertainment Corporate. May 26, 2006. Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- Hoffman, Brett. "An Extreme Debut". World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- "ECW TV Championship". WWE. Retrieved October 21, 2016.