E. Ruth Rockwood
She contributed to the Pacific Historical Review and to the Oregon Historical Society Quarterly for which she edited Diary of the Rev. George H. Atkinson, 1847- 1858 and Letters of Charles Stevens.  Always for the Oregon Historical Sociaty, Rockwood completed an exhaustive compilation of Oregon State Documents. It was published by the State of Oregon as an official document under the title of A Checklist of Oregon State Documents.  She was in charge of the Pacific Northwest Library Association Bibliography; the original collection was built by Rockwood at the Library Association in Portland, and served as assistance to collectors and librarians of the smaller libraries. 
In December 1928 Rockwood was a charter member of the Subscription Books Committee, a group to provide evaluations and advice on encyclopedias, subscription sets, and allied compends, newly founded by the American Library Association (ALA). 
She died on April 13, 1952 and is buried at Mountain View Cemetery (Ashland, Oregon), in the Old Cemetery side, Lot 343.
- Binheim, Max; Elvin, Charles A (1928). Women of the West; a series of biographical sketches of living eminent women in the eleven western states of the United States of America. p. 162. Retrieved 8 August 2017. This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
- "E. Ruth Rockwood, Librarian". Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Review Pacific Historical Review". Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- Russell, Osborne (1955). Osborne Russell's Journal of a Trapper. U of Nebraska Press. p. 175. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- Bakken, Gordon Morris; Farrington, Brenda (2001). Environmental Problems in America's Garden of Eden. Taylor & Francis. p. 113. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "PACIFIC NORTHWEST AMERICANA". Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Roderick Finlayson Manuscripts". Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Cumulated bulletin". Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- Kent, Allen (1984). Encyclopedia of Library and Information Science: Volume 37 - Supplement 2: Alabama. University of Alabama Graduate School of Library Science to Universal Bibliographic Control. CRC Press. p. 347. Retrieved 20 August 2017.