Duvvada railway station name board
|• Body||Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||AP 32 and AP 33|
The name Duvvada was earlier Dvivada, meaning 'Two Forts' or 'Town of Two forts'.
APSRTC buses are accessible from Dwaraka Bus Station are 38Y & 400K. And also buses are access from surrounding areas are Gajuwaka, Kurmannapalem, Visakhapatnam Steel Plant, Aganampudi, Vadlapudi etc.
- APSRTC routes
|38Y||Duvvada Railway Station||RTC Complex||Kurmannaplem, Old Gajuwaka, BHPV, Airport, NAD Kotharoad, Birla Junction, Gurudwar|
|400K||Duvvada Railway Station||Maddilapalem||Kurmannaplem, Old Gajuwaka, New Gajuwaka, Malkapuram, Scindia, Railway Station, RTC Complex|
Duvvada railway station serves about 108,000 passengers on a daily basis. Many of trains always rush like Jhanmabhoomi express, Ratnachal express which are intercity service to other big cities like Secunderabad and Guntur.
- QualityInn Ramachandra Hotels is located near Duvvada Railway Station, well suited for Business stays, Conference meetings and for value-adding Industrial visits to Vizag Steel Plant, APIIC SEZ.
- Vignan College of Engineering and Technology is near to Duvvada railway station.
- Gonna Institute of information technology (GIITS) is a nearby Engineering college (7 km from station) which offers B.tech and diploma courses
- There is a suburban railway station of Visakhapatnam in East Coast Railway, Indian Railways.
- It has been developed as a satellite station for Visakhapatnam Railway Station, It has 4 platforms.
- long-distance trains also have halted at Duvvuda station.
- The Duvvuda Station is near to VSEZ Visakhapatnam Special Economic Zone and also to Vizag Steel Plant (RINL-VIZAG).
- Duvvada railway station is the first station of East Coast Railway
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Duvvada.|