Dutch withdrawal from the European Union
A hypotheticised Dutch withdrawal from the European Union, sometimes referred to as a "Nexit" (based on "Brexit", the common name for a British withdrawal from the European Union),  is a proposal with limited support in the Netherlands.
A poll by the Pew Research Center in June 2016, before the British referendum, found the Dutch to have a 46% negative view of the European Union, but over 51% of their population found to have a positive view towards it. Another poll, by peil.nl in the aftermath of the British vote, found 50% of the Dutch population to be against a similar referendum in their country and 46% to favour remaining in the union (compared to 43% against).
Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte called the possibility of a referendum "utterly irresponsible". The most popular party to advocate it is the right-wing populist Party for Freedom; its leader Geert Wilders made it a key issue in their manifesto for the 2017 general election, where his party initially led the polls but ended up as a distant second behind the pro-EU VVD. Other parties believing in EU withdrawal or holding a referendum include: VoorNederland, The Libertarian Party, SP, 50PLUS and Forum voor Democratie.
- Lyons, Kate (27 June 2016). "Frexit, Nexit or Oexit? Who will be next to leave the EU". The Guardian. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- "Euroscepticism on rise in Europe, poll suggests". BBC News. 6 June 2016. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- Pauwels, Teun (2014). Populism in Western Europe: Comparing Belgium, Germany and The Netherlands. Routledge. pp. 117–118. ISBN 9781317653912.
- Merijn Oudenampsen (2013). "Explaining the Swing to the Right: The Dutch Debate on the Rise of Right-Wing Populism". In Ruth Wodak, Majid KhosraviNik, Brigitte Mral. Right-Wing Populism in Europe: Politics and Discourse. A&C Black. p. 191.
- "Forum voor Democratie". Forumvoordemocratie.nl. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- . The Australian http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/the-times/antieu-boy-wonder-thierry-baudet-breezes-in-as-dutch-kingmaker/news-story/eee3b1c349b80b56f1da458fa08e6735. Retrieved 2017-02-23. Missing or empty