Donna Lee Butterworth (February 23, 1956 – March 6, 2018) was an American actor, best known for starring opposite Elvis Presley in the 1966 musical comedy Paradise, Hawaiian Style, when she was 10 years old.
Donna Lee Butterworth
February 23, 1956
|Died||March 6, 2018 (aged 62)|
Butterworth's career as an actor and performer was brief; however, during that short time, she received critical acclaim.
Donna Lee Butterworth was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on February 23, 1956, the daughter of Isabella "Isa" Chalfant. She had one sibling, a brother named William "Bill" Butterworth.
Butterworth's family lived in Pennsylvania for the first three years of her life before they moved to Hawaii, where Butterworth remained until her death. She learned to play the ukulele soon after moving to Hawaii.
Performing Hawaiian music from an early age, Donna gave concerts around the islands, performed with Don Ho, and appeared on The Dean Martin Show, The Danny Kaye Show and The Hollywood Palace. She was nominated for her role in the 1965 film The Family Jewels. In 1966, she appeared opposite Elvis Presley, singing several duets with him in Paradise, Hawaiian Style. Little Leatherneck, an unsold sit-com pilot film in which she appeared, aired on ABC television as part of the 7-week 1966 series Summer Fun.
- Joyce, Kathleen (2018-03-14). "Donna Butterworth dead; former child star who worked with Elvis and Jerry Lewis was 62". Fox News. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- "Hawaii child actress, singer Donna Butterworth dies at 62". hawaiitribune-herald.com. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- "Child star Donna Butterworth has died at age 62 in Hawaii". Mail Online. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- Hawaii Tribune Herald (March 10, 2018). "Obituaries". www.pressreader.com. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- "Hubert Chalfant's Obituary on Las Vegas Review-Journal". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- "Interview with Donna Butterworth (Elvis' co-star 'Paradise Hawaiian Style)". www.elvis.com.au. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- "The Dean Martin Show". Getty Images. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- "Donna Butterworth, Kid Co-Star of Elvis Presley and Jerry Lewis, Dies at 62". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on April 13, 2018. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- "Donna Butterworth". www.goldenglobes.com. Archived from the original on March 31, 2016. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- 1962-, Goldberg, Lee,. Unsold television pilots : 1955-1989 (New ed.). Calabasas, CA. ISBN 9781511590679. OCLC 933301010.
- Donna Butterworth on IMDb
- Donna Butterworth and others talk about working with Elvis Presley in his movies. The Oklahoman. Accessed March 13, 2018.
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American television actor or actress born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|