Doddaballapura Taluk(Redirected from Doddaballapura)
|Nickname(s): DB Pura|
|• Type||Taluk Administration|
|Elevation||880 m (2,890 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Development and EconomyEdit
Doddaballapura is about 40 km from Bangalore towards North on Bangalore-Hindupur state highway (SH-9). This town was once known for weaving silk Sarees. Many families in Doddaballapura are dependent on power looms and silk Saree related business. There is a huge industrial area in Bashettihalli, which is around 6 km from Doddaballapura. This industrial area houses large number of industries. There is an apparel park near Doddaballapur and it has multiple national and international garments factories established here. The site of the upcoming $22 billion, 12,000-acre (49 km2) BIAL IT Investment Region, the largest IT region in India and one of the largest infrastructure projects in Karnataka's history.
It has one of the famous government owned park in the name of Annie Besant and is popularly known as Scout Camp or Besant park.
- Block Education Office, (EDUCATION-INDRESH.C.M), Doddaballapur,
- Deputy Superintendent of Police office, Doddaballapura Sub-Division
- Assistant Commissioner(Revenue)office, Doddaballapura Sub-Division
- Commercial Tax Officer office, Doddaballapura Sub-Division
- Assistant Executive Engineer(BESCOM)office, Doddaballapura Sub-Division
- Assistant Registrar (Cooperative societies) office, Doddaballapura Sub-Division
- Senior Assistant Director(Horticulture)office, Doddaballapura Sub-Division
- Executive Engineers TL&SS (KPTCL)office, Doddaballapura Division
- Assistant Executive Engineers TL&SS (KPTCL) office, Doddaballapura Sub-Division
- Assistant Director(Agriculture)office, Doddaballapura Sub-Division
- Tahsildar (Revenue)office, Doddaballapur Taluk
- Senior Sub Registrar (Stamps and Registration) Office, Doddaballapur Taluk
- Sub Treasury office, Doddaballapur Taluk
- Food Inspector office, Doddaballapur Taluk
- Assistant Executive Engineer (PWD)office, Doddaballapura Sub-Division
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Panchayat Raj)office, Doddaballapura Sub-Division
- Taluk Panchayat Executive officer(Panchayat Raj)office, Doddaballapura Sub-Division
- Taluk Social Welfare officer office, Doddaballapur Taluk
- District Manager(Bangalore Rural) office, Karnataka Food And Civil Supplies Corporation Limited
- Assistant Director(Sericulture)office, Doddaballapura Division
- Sub Divisional Engineer (BSNL)office, Doddaballapura Sub-Division
- Assistant Director(Fisheries)office, Doddaballapura Sub-Division
- Doddaballapura Taluk Manager office, Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Development Corporation
- Range Forest officer office, Doddaballapura Forest Range
- Assistant Conservator of Forests, Doddaballapura Sub-Division
- Columbia Asia Hospital, railwaysation to basetihalli road- Doddaballapura Road
- Manasa Hospital
- Sri Rama Hospital
- Abhishek Nethradhama eye hospital
- High schools
- Little Angle's School and Nalanda high School, Doddaballapur
- Sri kongadiyappa High School, Doddaballapur
- Little Master English School, Kantanakunte, Doddaballapur(Indresh.C.M)
- M.S.V public school, Doddaballapur 
- Niveditha English School, Doddaballapur
- Sri M.A.B.L High School, Doddaballapur
- Sri Mangala Vidya Mandira (MVM)
- Swamy Vivekananda School, Doddaballapur
- Saraswathi school, Doddaballapur
- Sri Jagadguru Chandrashekharanatha Rural Vidyanikethan, Melekote Cross
- Sri Mahaveer Jain Vidyalaya, Doddaballapur
- Carmel Jyothi High School, Doddaballapur
- Pre University colleges
- Sri Kongadiyappa PU College,Doddaballapur 
- Sri Devaraj Urs PU College,Kodigehalli
- Lavanya Composite PU COllege,Doddaballapur
- Government PU College,DODDABELAVANGALA
- Government PU College,Kanasawadi
- Government PU College,Tubagere.College started in 2007.
- Government PU College,Doddaballapur
- Government PU College,Konaghatta
- SRI ARAVIND EVENING PU COLLEGE,Doddaballapur
- SRI MABL COMP PU COLLEGE,DODDABALLAPUR
- Lakshmamma PU College,Koligere
- Vidyanidhi PU College,Doddaballapur
- Sri Kongadiyappa First Grade College,Doddaballapur 
- Government First Grade College for Women,Doddaballapur
- Arts, Science, and Commerce Degree colleges
- Sri kongadiyappa PG College,Doddaballapur 
- Sri Devaraj Urs Institute of Management,Kodigehalli 
- Bengaluru School of Management Studies,Nagadenahalli 
- Malva Evening College of Arts Commerce Yogic Science,DOddabalapur
- Government First Grade College,Doddaballapur
- ITI colleges
- SRI ARAVIND ITI College,Doddaballapur
- Government ITI college doddaballapur
- Sri Siddaganga ITI College,Purushanahalli
- B.Ed and D.Ed colleges
- Sri Aravinda D.Ed College,Doddaballapur
- Lavanya B.Ed College,Doddaballapur
- Sri Siddaganga D.Ed College,Purushanahalli
- Sathishchandra D.Ed College,Koligere
- Engineering colleges
- RL Jalappa Institute of Technology,Kodigehalli 
- Other colleges
Doddaballapura receives scanty rainfall compared to other cachement areas in Karnataka. This is one of the reasons for water scarcity in the town as well as in villages surrounding Doddaballapura. Most of the underground water is often depleted due to low rainfall.
There are several historical temples most located in Terina beedi [Car street], like Sri Venkateshwara Swamy temple, Arunachaleshwara temple, Shankara matha, Chowdeshwari temple, Neladaanjaneya temple, Someshwara temple, Kashi Vishweshwara temple, Panduranga Swami temple, Prasanna Anjenaya Swami temple (near railway station), Venugopalaswami temple, Muthyalamma temple, Nagareshwara temple, Arkavati temple, Sadhanandara matha, Saptha mathruke Sri mariyamma temple (karaga temple), Dharmaraya Swamy temple etc.
- The Venkataramana temple is a huge structure covered with a vast compound that bears the influence of Muslim architecture. The temple is believed to have been constructed towards the end of 18th century by a local officer under Haider called Arunachala Panth. Inside the temple, over a platform a stone image of Lakshminarayana in Vijayanagara style, measuring about one and a half metre in height is kept and said to have been brought from the local Adinarayana temple.
- To the south of the Venkataramana temple is the temple of Arunachaleswara, also ascribed to the same Arunachala Panth, built during the same time. This had been repeatedly renovated.
- Beside Arunachaleswara temple is the local Shankara Matha having images of Sharada, Adi Shankara and Vinayaka.
- Nearby, in the Devanagapete there is Chowdeshwari temple (renovated) described to be over 300 years old. There are three Garbhagrihas in a row housing Shivalinga (central), planked on either side by Chowdeshwari and Parvati.
- Of the other temples in the place, mention may be made of Kashi Vishweshara (renovated), Kalika Kamateshwara, Vaikunta Janardhana and Nagareshwara, and Someshwara (outside the town). The Kalika Kamatesh temple is perhaps the oldest and has two typical Vijayanagara pillars with jumping hypogriff motifs. The Vaikuntha Janardhana temple near the bus stand is built in later Vijayanagara style. The outer Mantapa has pillars in Mysore style with fine relief sculptures. The Nagareshwara temple has three Garbhagrihas in a row with images of Ganapati, Linga and Parvati enshrined in them.
- Temple of Lord Janardhana Swami located in Main Road Which is having more than 500-year-old heritage structure and Idols.
Every year Brahmarathotsava is held in Sri Venkateshwara Swamy temple in the month of Magha Masa where lot of people from far away places gather to offer prayers and also world-famous Karaga festival happens every year in the month of May/June(on the day of buddha Poornima).
Some of the other landmarks in Doddaballapura include Raamannana Bhaavi, Naagara kere, YMCA, Government Teaching School, Railway station, Navodhaya School, etc.
Places of interest around DoddaballapuraEdit
- Ghati Subramanya Temple: Subrahmanya is one of Hinduism's important Gods. Subramahnya is also called as Karthikeya, Shanmuga, Saravana and Muruga. Subrahmanya is the youngest son of Lord Shiva. The specialty of this temple is that it has two gods - on the front side there is Surbrahmanya and the rear side is Narashima. One can see both the gods at the same time. For viewing the god on the rear side, there is a mirror. The temple is about 60 kilometers from Bangalore, 15 kilometers Northerly to Doddaballapur.
- Makalidurga Hills with a fort and temple : close to Ghati Subramanya Temple
- Prasanna Lakshmi Venkateshwara Swamy Temple : Tubagere, located 13 km far from Doddaballapur Northeasterly
- Sri Raghavendra Swamy Matha : Lakkasandra, located 16 km far from Doddaballapur Northeasterly after Tubagere
- HulluKudi Hills : Hanabe [fort and Veerabhadra swami temple with a pond] located 10 km far from Doddaballapur Northwesterly
- Shani Mahathma Temple : Chikka Madhure (Kanasawadi), located 18 km far from Doddaballapur southwesterly on Nelamangala Doddaballapur road popular as the similar one in Pavagada Shanaischara temple
- Bete Ranganatha Swamy Temple : Hulikunte, located 22 km far from Doddaballapur westerly on Dabaspet road.
- Devarabetta Sri.Vishwa Shaneshwara Swami Temple, Lagumena Halli, Karnataka Near Ghati Subrmanya
There are several Masjid's in Doddaballapura town. The famous and oldest are Sunni Jamia Masjid Islampur, Sunni Jamia Masjid Fort Road, Sunni Jamia Masjid Kumbarpet, Masjid Ahle Hadees Chickpet. Shia Masjid (Masjid Hyderi) Fort Road, Shia Ashurkhana (Place to commemorate Muharram and popularly known as Babaiyan gudi in Hindu community) one of the oldest building of Doddaballapur. It is said to be built by Ali Khuli Khan 300 years ago. Yaadgar e Hussain (16 Eye Well) located at old bus stand where Alam-e-Mubarak (Babaiyya) found and in remembarance of this every year on 17th Muharram Muslims from south India visit this place and take part in matami juloos which starts from Shia Ashurkhana to 16 Eye well (matami juloos is the religious procession by Shia Muslims by beating their chests and chanting slogans of Ya Hussain in remembrance of sacrifice made by Imam Hussain(as) to save humanity). On 18th & 19th Muharram Muslims and Hindu devotees visit this place to offer their salutations to Imam Hussain(as). This place is the best example of communal harmony and brotherhood
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Doddaballapura.|