Dobrichka municipality (Bulgarian: Община Добричка) or Dobrich rural municipality (Добрич-селска) is a municipality in Dobrich Province, Northeastern Bulgaria, located in Southern Dobruja geographical region. It lies in the central southern part of the province and is not to be confused with Dobrich municipality (equivalent to the town of Dobrich), which is an enclave within Dobrichka.
Dobrichka Municipality within Bulgaria and Dobrich Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Dobrich|
|• Total||1,296.16 km2 (500.45 sq mi)|
|• Density||19/km2 (49/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
The municipality embraces a territory of 1,296.16 km² with a population of 24,292 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
Although the city is not part of the municipality, the administration is headquartered in Dobrich.
Dobrichka municipality includes the following 68 villages:
The following table shows the change of the population during the last two decades. Since 1992 Dobrichka Municipality has become a separate administrative unit out of Dobrich Municipality.
|Dobrichka rural Municipality|
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
According to the latest Bulgarian census of 2011, the religious composition, among those who answered the optional question on religious identification, was the following:
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009 Archived November 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "Division of Bulgaria". pop-stat.mashke.org. Retrieved 2020-07-01.
- National Statistical Institute - Census 2001[permanent dead link]
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Religious composition of Bulgaria 2011". pop-stat.mashke.org.
- Dobrichka municipality website (in Bulgarian)