Divya Drishti is an Indian supernatural drama television series which aired from 23 February 2019 to 23 February 2020 on Star Plus. Produced under Fireworks Productions, it starred Sana Sayyad, Nyra Banerjee, Sangita Ghosh, Adhvik Mahajan and Mishkat Varma.
|Written by||Rekkha Modi|
|Screenplay by||Nikita Dhond |
|Story by||Mrinal Jha|
|Directed by||Arshad Khan|
|Theme music composer||Ashish Rego|
|Opening theme||Divya Drishti|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||106|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Fireworks Productions|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||23 February 2019 –|
23 February 2020
The story starts with a pregnant woman, Vidya, meeting with her Guruji. They talk about Shachini, an evil pishaachini and a former disciple of Guruji, who is going after three magical gems. If she gets all three of the gems, she will become so powerful no one will be able to stop her. Guruji has given two of the gems, the Tatva Ratna, with the power to control the elements, and the Mayavi Ratna, with the power of illusions and mind control, to two of his disciples for safekeeping. Shachini, however, killed these disciples with her magic and acquired both the gems, which she wears on a pendant, and their powers. She is now after the third and most powerful of the three gems, the Kaal Vijay Ratna, which has the power to give visions of the future and the power to change the future, which is with Guruji himself. Vidya and Guruji go to his cave, where Shachini appears and asks Guruji for the Kaal Vijay Ratna. Guruji uses magic and pushes Shachini to the side while he throws the gem at Vidya. Shachini, however, recovers and moved in front of the incoming gem to catch it. The Kaal Vijay Ratna then enters her right eye, destroying it and revealing a glowing red light inside it. The gem then goes inside Vidya's womb. Guruji then tells her that her unborn twin children will get the powers of the gem and warns her to beware the dark forces that will come after her and to beware the full moon. He then tells Vidya to run away.
Vidya has two daughters, Drishti and Divya. Gifted with superpowers, Drishti has the ability to see the future while Divya has the power to change it. Vidya and Sarthak are worried as Shachini is hunting them down to steal their powers. They manage to save Divya and Drishti but end up sacrificing themselves. The sisters run away but ultimately get separated and adopted by different families.
20 years laterEdit
Divya and Drishti have grown up. Drishti is mature, and caring while Divya is carefree and free-spirited. They constantly try to find each other, feeling each other's presence at times yet are unable to identify each other. Drishti is hired as the assistant of Rakshit Shergill. Love blossoms between Rakshit and Drishti. Through a series of events, Divya marries Shikhar (Rakshit's cousin) while Drishti marries Rakshit. Divya and Drishti discover the truth about each other and reunite. They decide to find their parents' murderer. Romi is revealed to be the disciple of the priest Chiranjiv who was earlier the disciple of Guruji. Shikhar is revealed to know everything about Shachini.
Drishti, Divya, Romi and Shikhar join hands to destroy Shachini and manage to kill her but her soul enters Divya's body, turning her into Divyachini. Drishti manages to separate Divya and Shachini with the help of a powerful and mysterious man named Anjaan and but Shachini reenters her previous body, this time becoming even more powerful. Later, Rakshit is revealed to be Anjaan who posses powers and is trying destroy Shachini.
After some days, everyone come to know that the doors of the hell are opening and many evil power are coming out from hell who will try to get the kal Vijay ratna. Divya, Drishti, Rakshit, Shikhar and Romi take the responsibility protect the Ratna. Shachini teams with the evil from hell in order to get the Kaal Vijay ratna for herself. Divya drishti and others manage to kill the evil powers from hell but Shachini becomes successful in taking the ratna and fles away. With all the ratnas in hand Shachini tries to merge the power of all Ratnas but fails. Later, she asks for help from kal devta the evil Lord of hell to help her in merging the powers. He tells her she needs to activate the true power of each of the ratnas. She does so with the Tatva and Mayavi Ratna. On Republic Day, Shikhar is revealed to be not the real son of the family, it was Shikhar's imposter who was helping Pishachini in order to gain powers. Divya kills the imposter. Pishachini successfully activates the Kaal Vijay Ratna, but Divya Drishti blow up the building with a bomb Pishachini placed. The resulting explosion causes Shachini to drop all the ratnas while fleeing and kills Divya Drishti.
Thirteen days later, Pishachini lives in the Shergill manor and is controlling the family mysteriously. Divya-Drishti reincarnate and gain new powers to stop Pishachini once and for all(personally, I think since they died with all three ratnas, they gained all their powers). They re-enter the house to find Shachini claiming to be Rakshit's wife. Rakshit has lost all his memories due to the blast. Shachini gives birth to Patali, her and Kaal Devta's daughter who poses to be Rakshit's daughter. Rakshit regains his memories and along with Divya-Drishti, defeats Patali.
A few days later, a cunning prisoner escapes from hell fooling the Kaal Devta. He comes through Pisachini's den which leads to the Shergill house and realises that they are a very rich family and decides to rob them. Rakshit traces out the real Shikhar through some detectives using his childhood pictures. The prisoner who has now named himself as Murari, is brought to the Shergill family as the real Shikhar. Shachini kills Patali and puts the blame on Divya, sending her to hell. Drishti, Rakshit, Romi and Murari rescue her. Murari has flashbacks of his forgotten childhood and realises that he is real Shikhar. The Shergill family then find out that Shikhar is from hell, putting a strain on Divya and Shikhar's newly budding feelings. Now, the mysterious Laal Chakor, an old disciple of Guruji, enters. Laal Chakor attacks Rashi, killing her to the chagrin of the Shergill family. To find out Laal Chakor's secret, Divya-Drishti decide to go into the cave, where many years ago the kaal vijay ratna was given to Vidya. They find the cave locked and the only way to open it is with their and their husbands hands on 4 handprints. Divya marries Shikhar since his hand fits the last handprint.
After many tries, Divya and Drishti find an oyster, which holds the secret of the cave. Drishti finds out she is pregnant with twins after a sudden vision. During the Shergill family reunion where Rakshit's cousins arrive, Shachini casts a spell, barring every exit with walls that form back when they are broken down. To make matters worse, Laal Chakor is attacking members of the Shergill family, killing everyone except Divya-Drishti, Rakshit and Shikhar, who escaped using a magic chest Divya-Drishti encountered in the cave. After escaping, they make a plan to lure Laal Chakor and Shachini to Divya-Drishti's old house by leaving a note in the Shergill house. A fight ensues between the heroes and the two villains. In a dramatic twist, Laal Chakor is revealed to be Mahima, Rakshit's mother, leaving everyone, especially Rakshit, devastated.
Mahima reveals that she was jealous of Vidya because she was given the Kaal Vijay Ratna by Guruji, rather than Mahima, his greatest pupil. Mahima vowed revenge and allied with Shachini to kill Vidya and get the gems. Mahima says she can bring back the dead family members with some magic water which she will give to them only if Divya-Drishti kill themselves. Divya-Drishti do so, releasing the Tatva Ratna, which Shachini takes and the Mayavi Ratna, which Mahima takes. The Kaal Vijay Ratna also came out but disappeared when Divya and Drishti touched hands. Divya and Drishti are resurrected once more, with the help of the two pearls inside the oyster. This came with news that both of them lost their new powers so Drishti can only see the future and Divya only has the power to change it. Also, Drishti's children were due in 48 hours. They return back to the Shergill house, where the family is tricking Mahima and Shachini into thinking that Divya and Drishti are ghosts. During this Shikhar and Divya fall in love and accept their marriage.
Guruji is revealed to be alive, having faked his death and being trapped in the cave by Mahima since then. He allies with Divya-Drishti, who are plotting to destroy Shachini and Mahima by turning them on one another. But later he reveals that the Kaal Vijay Ratna was cursed in the first place and he being greedy for powers could not join the three gems and hence approached Vidya, a pure soul who could possibly remove the curse but due to the chaos created by Pisachini before Vidya touched it led the powers to be split to her children. He later disguised himself as Kaal Devta by killing the real Kaal Devta. Drishti gives birth to her twin children shortly after which Laal Chakor and Kaal Devta are killed by Rakshit. Pisachini then acquires all three ratnas which she combines to form the blue Maha Ratna. She transforms into Maha Pishachini and tries to kill Divya and Drishti but Lord Shiva ends her once and for all. Divya-Drishti are later revealed to have lost their powers which they are okay with. Drishti's twins are later shown to have Divya-Drishti's powers, while the Maha Ratna, thought to have gone back to Lord Shiva, is revealed to still be on Earth. The series ends with the family reunited and Rakshit and Drishti holding their twin children.
- Sana Sayyad as Drishti Sharma: A girl who has powers to see the future, Vidya and Sarthak's daughter; Divya's sister; Rakshit's wife (2019–2020)
- Nyra Banerjee as Divya Sharma: A girl who has the powers to manipulate the future, Vidya and Sarthak's daughter; Drishti's sister; Shikhar's wife (2019–2020)
- Sangita Ghosh as Pishachini: An evil witch who has the intentions to steal the powers of Divya Drishti; Patali's mother (2019–2020)
- Adhvik Mahajan as Rakshit Shergill: Mahima and Chetan's son; Guruji's grandson; Rashi's brother; Drishti's husband (2019–2020)
- Mishkat Varma as Shikhar Shergill: Ashlesha and Bharat's son; Rakshit, Sunny, Twinkle and Simran's cousin; Divya's husband (2019–2020)
- Kushagre Dua as Romi Sood: Nadika and Sarvesh's son; Drishti's adoptive brother (2019–2020)
- Vaishnavi Mahant as Mahima Shergill: Lal Chakor; Chetan's wife; Rakshit and Rashi's mother (2019–2020)
- Gireesh Sahdev as Chetan Shergill: Bharat and Nakul's brother; Mahima's husband; Rakshit and Rashi's father (2019)
- Parull Chaudhary as Ashlesha "Ash" Shergill: Bharat's wife; Shikhar's mother (2019–2020)
- Imran Khan as Bharat "Barry" Shergill: Chetan's brother; Ashlesha's husband; Shikhar's father (2019–2020)
- Prakriti Nautiyal as Rashi Shergill: Mahima and Chetan's daughter; Rakshit's sister; Shikhar, Sunny, Twinkle and Simran's cousin (2019)
- Richa Rathore as Patali: Shachini's daughter (2019)
- Mansi Srivastava as Lavanya Shergill: A lizard; Rakshit's former fiancée; Sunny's former wife (2019)
- Ankit Narang as Sunny Shergill: Ojaswini and Nakul's son; Simran and Twinkle's brother; Rakshit and Shikhar's cousin; Lavanya's former husband (2019)
- Ridheema Tiwari as Ojaswini Shergill: Nakul's wife; Sunny, Twinkle and Simran's mother (2019–2020)
- Amika Shail as Twinkle Shergill: Ojaswini and Nakul's daughter; Sunny and Simran's sister; Rakshit and Shikhar's cousin (2019–2020)
- Shrishti Maheshwari as Simran Shergill: Ojaswini and Nakul's daughter; Sunny and Twinkle's sister; Rakshit and Shikhar's cousin (2019–2020)
- Karan Khanna as Fake Shikhar Shergill: Shikhar's imposter; Divya's former husband (2019)
- Paaras Madaan as Bicchu: Shachini's helper (2019)
- Gazal Sood as Rengeeli: Shachini's helper (2019)
- Eva Ahuja as Garima Walia: Brij's wife; Divya's adoptive mother (2019)
- Priyank Tatariya as Brij Walia: Garima's husband; Divya's adoptive father (2019)
- Ritu Vashisht as Nadika Sood: Sarvesh's wife; Romi's mother; Drishti's adoptive mother (2019)
- Hetal Puniwala as Sarvesh Sood: Nadika's husband; Romi's father; Drishti's adoptive father (2019)
- Rohit Chaudhary as Vicky Malhotra: Chinki's brother; Rakshit's friend (2019)
- Antara Banerjee as Chinki Malhotra: Vicky’s sister (2019–2020)
The first promo of the series was released on 24 January 2019 where Sana Sayyad and Sangita Ghosh were introduced. The next promo was released on 15 February 2019 featuring Sana Sayyad and Nyra Banerjee as Drishti and Divya.
In October 2019, The Times of India criticised the ongoing track then stating: "Divya-Drishti’s latest storyline is crossing all boundaries of bizarreness. This storyline is full of essence which is just opposite of what we expect from a thriller show. We can just wait and hope to witness something very thrilling in the show, something more real than just mere naivety."
Divya Drishti was the seventh most watched Hindi urban television show in its debut week in India, reaching a TRP of 1.9. Since its premiere, the show has maintained its position in the top 20 most-watched Hindi shows.
- "Divya Drishti fame Sana Sayyad writes a long note as show comes to an end". The Times of India.
- "Sana Sayyad: It's much more glamorous to play a daayan in TV shows". The Times of India.
- "'Divya Drishti' cast Sana Sayyad, Advik Mahajan And Nyra Banerjee share the plot". Times Now.
- Raj, Baddhan. "In Video: First promo of Star Plus' 'Divya Drishti'". BizAsia. Retrieved 28 December 2019.
- "Divya Drishti Anokhi Shakti". Retrieved 28 December 2019 – via YouTube.
- "'Divya Drishti', Starring Sangita Ghosh And Adhivik Mahajan, To Go Off-air?". Republic World.
- "Sana Sayyad and Adhvik Mahajan starrer Divya Drishti to wrap up on its first anniversary". The Times of India.
- "Divya-Drishti's latest storyline is crossing all boundaries of bizarreness". The Times of India.
- "TRP Ratings Week 9: 'Divya Drishti', 'Kasautii..' enters top 10 list; 'Kumkum Bhagya' moves OUT!". ABP Live. Retrieved 23 December 2019.
- "Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka to Naagin: These supernatural shows are ruling hearts and the TRP charts". The Times of India.
- "Get ready to watch merger episode of serial Divya Drishti and Nazar". ABP News.