Dirty Hari is a 2020 Indian Telugu-language erotic romantic thriller film written and directed by M. S. Raju. The film was produced by Guduru Siva Rama, Guduru Sateesh Babu and Guduru Sai Puneeth under their production banner, SPJ Creations. It casts Shravan Reddy, Ruhani Sharma and Simrat Kaur in lead roles. The film premiered through ATT Friday Movies App on December 18, 2020.
|Directed by||M. S. Raju|
|Produced by||Guduru Sateesh Babu|
Guduru Sai Puneeth
|Written by||M. S. Raju|
|Music by||Mark K. Robin|
|Cinematography||M. N. Baalreddy|
|Edited by||Junaid Siddiqui|
Dirty Hari marks M. S. Raju's directorial return after his 2012 film Tuneega Tuneega. In an interview with Deccan Chronicle, Raju was quoted: "...[the bold scenes] will be shown in a poetic way. Filmmakers like Bharathan, Puttanna Kanagal, etc., have made several classical bold films in an aesthetic way. I was inspired by them and wanted to try something different." He aimed the film for an audience aged 15-35. The director said the film uses "a blend of several emotions; however, to make it more engaging to the audience we are making sure that the re-recording will aptly complement the narrative and engage the audience".
In an interview with The Hindu, Simrat Kaur stated her character to be bold and confident. She compared to that of Deepika Padukone's role in 2012 Hindi film Cocktail. The auditioning team was not initially convinced with her looks. For her, on screen kissing, wearing lingerie, dialogues in a husky tone was difficult sans Telugu dialect.
In an interview with The Times of India, the lead actor Shravan was skeptical to sign the "bold" film. When he first heard the script, he was wary of erotic thrillers need to be handled very carefully. He described his character role as "a chess player who works part-time as a coach in a reputed chess club." In the film he plays "an ambitious guy who will go to any lengths to achieve".
Principal photography was delayed the production house was looking for established female lead. Filming completed in Hyderabad by end of November 2019. There are scenes in the film that were shot for 23 hours at a stretch. Simrat Kaur completed her filming portions in 20 days.
|Soundtrack album by |
Mark K. Robin
|Released||December 28, 2020|
|Producer||Mark K. Robin|
|Mark K. Robin chronology|
The soundtrack album and original score is composed Mark K. Robin. The background score was recorded in February 2020. The first single titled "Let's Make Love" written by Krishna Kanth and sung by Manisha Eerabathini was released on July 24, 2020.
|1.||"Let's Make Love"||Krishna Kanth||Manisha Eerabathini||03:59|
|2.||"Dil Se Dil"||Abbas||Sarathy||02:00|
- "Dirty Hari: Simrat Kaur turns into a hot & bold Jasmine for MS Raju's new-age film - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2020-08-01.
- Hooli, Shekhar H. (2020-01-06). "MS Raju opens up on the story of Dirty Hari a day after releasing a sensuous first look poster". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 2020-08-01.
- Adivi, Sashidhar (2020-02-06). "'Background score key to narrative'". The Asian Age. Retrieved 2020-08-01.
- "Nobody believed that a girl-next-door like me could pull of a bold look: Simrat Kaur - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2020-08-01.
- "Telly hottie Shravan Reddy to debut in Tollywood as a street-smart chess pro - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2020-08-01.
- Pecheti, Prakash. "Let's Make Love, says Dirty Hari". Telangana Today. Retrieved 2020-08-01.
- "MS Raju's Dirty Hari is ready". Deccan Chronicle. 2020-06-23. Retrieved 2020-08-01.
- "Dirty Hari on Apple iTunes". 2021-05-02. Retrieved 2021-05-02. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Dirty Hari Movie Review: An erotic thriller that almost draws you in, retrieved 2020-12-19