The Directorate of Estates is an attached department under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs of India. It was established in 1944. It administers and manages the estates of the Government of India. Its main region of the National Capital Territory of New Delhi. It also has extended services in its 8 Regional offices in Chandigarh, Chennai, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur and Shimla.
Headquarters of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
|Jurisdiction||Prime Minister of India|
|Parent department||Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs|
It mainly consists of the following types of estates-
Government Residential Accommodations edit
Government Office Space Accommodation edit
The Directorate of Estates also administers the allotment of Office Accommodation at Delhi and other locations. The office spaces are allotted to eligible central government offices, based on availability of space. Office space is allotted to offices considering parameters like the employee strength of offices, etc.
Government Commercial Space Accommodation edit
Venues for conclaves and ceremonies edit
It controls and operates mainly two venues in New Delhi -
Holiday Homes and Touring Officers Hostels edit
Allotment system edit
The Directorate currently uses an automated system for allotment. All processes regarding bookings and payments are done online. Allotments under the GPRA are based on a ‘Unified Waiting List’ for a particular type of accommodation. In this waiting list, all applicants, including those waiting for initial allotment, as well as change of accommodation, are clubbed together. The allotments are made, based on their date of priority and seniority. Each applicant gets two allotments in each type of accommodation, i.e., initial and change. The prices depend on the basic pay of employees of different ranks.
- "Our Services". Directorate of Estates. Archived from the original on 2020-12-26. Retrieved 2021-11-02.
- "Who we are". Directorate of Estates. Archived from the original on 2020-12-26. Retrieved 2021-11-02.
- "Pan India Presence". Directorate of Estates. Archived from the original on 2020-12-26. Retrieved 2021-11-02.
- "E-Sampada: How To Apply For Government Accommodation". Housing News. 2021-09-24. Retrieved 2021-11-02.
- "Central Government General Pool Residential Accommodation Rules, 2017". www.bareactslive.com. Retrieved 2021-11-02.
- "'Data of office space rented by govt. depts not centrally maintained'". The Hindu. 2021-07-29. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2021-11-02.
- Advocatetanmoy (2020-07-07). "The Directorate of Estates is the custodian of Vigyan Bhavan". Advocatetanmoy Law Library. Retrieved 2021-11-02.
- "5 Ashoka Road Bungalow Can Now Be Booked For Marriages On App". NDTV.com. Retrieved 2021-11-02.
- "Central Government Holiday Homes and Touring Officers Hostel| National Portal of India". www.india.gov.in. Retrieved 2021-11-02.
- Pawan. "CPWD Holiday Home List: Details of Touring Officers' Hostel, Location, Contact Number etc. | Central Govt Employees News - 7th Pay Commission - Staff News". Retrieved 2021-11-02.
- "Central Government General pool Residential Accommodation Rules, 2017 of Directorate of Estates". Indian Council of Agricultural Research. Archived from the original on 2021-11-07. Retrieved 2021-11-07.
- "FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS" (PDF). MOHUA. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2020-12-26. Retrieved 2021-11-07.