Dio is a cover album by Jørn Lande's solo project Jorn, released in July 2010. The album was recorded as a tribute to the singer Ronnie James Dio and consists of covers of songs from Dio, Black Sabbath and Rainbow, with one original composition written for Ronnie James Dio. Lande describes the album as a "fine collection of songs that present the music of The Man and The Artist, with a unique twist" and a "sincere and heartfelt “thank you” to a great and influential Artist" who "has affected my life and career in such a way that without his presence, I would not have become the artist I am today". A music video for the song "Song for Ronnie James" was released on YouTube. The announcement of the album did not pass off without critique however, as Lande was accused of exploiting the death of Dio. Frontiers Records President released a statement in which he denies those accusations and explains that the album had been in the works since spring of 2009, before Dio's death in May 2010. In South America the album is called Song For Ronnie James.
|Studio album by|
|Released||2 July 2010 (Europe)|
27 July 2010 (USA)
Jailhouse Studios, Denmark
|1.||"Song for Ronnie James"||8:07||Lande||Original Song|
|2.||"Invisible"||5:23||Ronnie James Dio, Vinny Appice, Vivian Campbell||originally from Holy Diver|
|3.||"Shame on the Night"||5:21||Dio, Appice, Jimmy Bain, Campbell||originally from Holy Diver|
|4.||"Push"||3:59||Dio, Bain, Doug Aldrich||originally from Killing the Dragon|
|5.||"Stand Up and Shout"||3:22||Dio, Bain||originally from Holy Diver|
|6.||"Don't Talk to Strangers"||4:55||Dio||originally from Holy Diver|
|7.||"Lord of the Last Day"||4:50||Dio, Goldy||originally from Magica|
|8.||"Night People"||4:24||Dio, Goldy, Bain, Claude Schnell, Appice||originally from Dream Evil|
|9.||"Sacred Heart"||6:26||Dio, Campbell, Bain, Appice||originally from Sacred Heart|
|10.||"Sunset Superman"||4:55||Dio, Goldy, Bain, Schnell, Appice||originally from Dream Evil|
|11.||"Lonely Is the Word / Letters from Earth (2010 version)"||5:27||Dio, Tony Iommi, Bill Ward and Geezer Butler/Dio, Buttler, Iommi||originally from Heaven and Hell / Dehumanizer|
|12.||"Kill the King"||4:03||Dio, Ritchie Blackmore, Cozy Powell||originally from Long Live Rock 'n' Roll|
|13.||"Egypt (The Chains Are On)" (Japanese Bonus Track)||6:46||Dio, Campbell, Bain, Appice||originally from The Last in Line|
|14.||"Straight Through the Heart (live)"||5:06||Dio, Bain||originally from Holy Diver|
|Swedish Albums Chart||53|
|Europe||2 July 2010|
|United States||27 July 2010|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2010-05-23.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Jorn - Song For Ronnie James (Official video)". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-01-10.
- "BLABBERMOUTH.NET - JORN LANDE To Honor RONNIE JAMES DIO's Musical Legacy With 'Dio' Album". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Archived from the original on 2011-06-06. Retrieved 2012-01-10.
- "ROCKUNITED.COM NEWSDESK: Frontiers news: Pretty Maids, Jorn, Asia and more". Rockunitednews.blogspot.com. 2010-05-28. Archived from the original on 2012-03-03. Retrieved 2012-01-10.
- Steffen Hung (2010-07-16). "Jorn - Dio". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 2012-01-10.