|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Internet security, Public key infrastructure|
|Headquarters||Lehi, Utah, United States|
|CEO: John Merrill, COO: Flavio Martins, CFO: Michael Olson|
DigiCert also worked in conjunction with Microsoft to develop and promote the use of subject alternate names in SSL certificates, for use with Microsoft Exchange Server. DigiCert is the largest public CA that does not issue "domain validated", "low assurance", or "instant" SSL certificates either directly or through a subsidiary brand. It primarily sells Organization Validation (OV) and Enhanced Validation (EV) SSL certificates.
DigiCert was founded by Ken Bretschneider in 2003. He was named as a finalist in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2012 as a result. He served as CEO and Chairman of the Board until he left in 2012 to head up People Water and was replaced by Nicholas Hales. DigiCert is currently majority-owned by private equity firm Thoma Bravo, with TA Associates holding a minority share. Thoma Bravo acquired a majority stake in DigiCert on Aug. 28, 2015 in one of the largest investments in a Utah-based company to date, stating that "DigiCert represents an outstanding investment opportunity to back a market leader . . . known for its consistent innovation and first-rate customer service.
-  Archived January 23, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Domain Validated SSL? Why We Don't Offer It". Digicert.com. 2009-02-19. Retrieved 2015-12-25.
- "SSL Certificate Support - Entrust, Inc". Entrust.net. Retrieved 2015-12-25.
- Revoking Trust in DigiCert Sdn. Bhd Intermediate Certificate Authority, Mozilla. "DigiCert Sdn. Bhd is a Malaysian subordinate CA under Entrust and Verizon (GTE CyberTrust). It bears no affiliation whatsoever with the US-based corporation DigiCert, Inc., which is a member of Mozilla’s root program."
- Microsoft Security Advisory (2641690) "DigiCert Sdn. Bhd is not affiliated with the corporation DigiCert, Inc., which is a member of the Microsoft Root Certificate Program."
- Chandler, Jeff. "Entrepreneur of the Year 2012". DigiCert.com. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Ken Bretschneider’s Nomination for Entrepreneur of the Year". PeopleWater.com. July 14, 2012. Archived from the original on May 30, 2014. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "People Water Names Ken Bretschneider CEO". PRNewswire.com. April 24, 2012. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Utah's DigiCert reorganizes its management". Salt Lake Tribune. April 17, 2012. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- Sean Michael Kerner (2015-08-28). "Thoma Bravo Invests in Security Firm DigiCert". Eweek.com. Retrieved 2015-12-25.