This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Internet security, Public key infrastructure|
|CEO: John Merrill, COO: Flavio Martins, CFO: Michael Olson|
It primarily sells Organization Validation (OV) and Extended Validation (EV) SSL certificates.
DigiCert was founded by Ken Bretschneider in 2003. He was named as a finalist in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2012 as a result. He served as CEO and Chairman of the Board until he left in 2012 to head up People Water and was replaced by Nicholas Hales. DigiCert is currently majority-owned by private equity firm Thoma Bravo, with TA Associates holding a minority share. Thoma Bravo acquired a majority stake in DigiCert on Aug. 28, 2015 in one of the largest investments in a Utah-based company to date, stating that "DigiCert represents an outstanding investment opportunity to back a market leader . . . known for its consistent innovation and first-rate customer service.
-  Archived January 23, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Domain Validated SSL? Why We Don't Offer It". Digicert.com. 2009-02-19. Retrieved 2015-12-25.
- "SSL Certificate Support - Entrust, Inc". Entrust.net. Retrieved 2015-12-25.
- Revoking Trust in DigiCert Sdn. Bhd Intermediate Certificate Authority, Mozilla. "DigiCert Sdn. Bhd is a Malaysian subordinate CA under Entrust and Verizon (GTE CyberTrust). It bears no affiliation whatsoever with the US-based corporation DigiCert, Inc., which is a member of Mozilla’s root program."
- Microsoft Security Advisory (2641690) "DigiCert Sdn. Bhd is not affiliated with the corporation DigiCert, Inc., which is a member of the Microsoft Root Certificate Program."
- Chandler, Jeff. "Entrepreneur of the Year 2012". DigiCert.com. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Ken Bretschneider's Nomination for Entrepreneur of the Year". PeopleWater.com. July 14, 2012. Archived from the original on May 30, 2014. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "People Water Names Ken Bretschneider CEO". PRNewswire.com. April 24, 2012. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Utah's DigiCert reorganizes its management". Salt Lake Tribune. April 17, 2012. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- Sean Michael Kerner (2015-08-28). "Thoma Bravo Invests in Security Firm DigiCert". Eweek.com. Retrieved 2015-12-25.
- "DigiCert Completes Acquisition of Symantec's Website Security and Related PKI Solutions". DigiCert. December 31, 2017.
- "Symantec offloads its cert and web security biz to DigiCert". The Register. August 3, 2017.