Dieter Kirk Brummer (born 5 May 1976 in Sydney) is an Australian actor of German descent, probably best known for his role as Shane Parrish, from 1992 until 1996 on the television soap opera Home and Away.
Brummer at the 2011 TV LOGIES
Dieter Kirk Brummer
5 May 1976
|Known for||Shane Parrish in|
Home and Away
Troy Miller in
Brummer began his career, starring as Shane Parrish on the television soap opera Home and Away. For the role of Shane Parrish, Brummer was nominated for the Gold Logie and Silver Logie Awards for "Most Popular Actor" in 1994, but failed to win. However, he went on to win the "Most Popular Actor" silver Logie Award in 1995 and 1996. In 1993 and 1994, the role saw Brummer voted as "The Prince of Soap" by Dolly magazine's readers. He was written out when the character died from blood poisoning.
Brummer went on to appear in the hospital drama Medivac, the pay-TV series Shark Bay and had a guest role in The Man from Snowy River in 1996. Brummer also appeared in the 1999 film Tom's Funeral and in The Finder (2001). He had a recurring role in the short-lived soap opera Crash Palace (2001) on FOX8 (Sky One in the UK).
In 2005 he took part in the reality television series Celebrity Circus. According to his mother in an April 2007 interview with the Sydney-based radio station 2Day FM he was working as a window-cleaner between acting roles. The station tried to get an interview with him for a "where are they now?" segment, but was unsuccessful.
In 2009, Brummer joined the cast of the Underbelly series in Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities in the minor role of Trevor Haken, a corrupt member of the New South Wales Police Force. However, in the third series, Underbelly: The Golden Mile, this role was increased to one of the principal cast. In 2011, Brummer joined the cast of Neighbours for seven weeks as Troy Miller. On 2 March 2012, it was announced that Brummer had reprised his role as Troy for another guest stint. In 2014 he joined the cast of Winners and Losers for 5 episodes as Jason Ross.
Awards and nominationsEdit
- "Born today". Illawarra Mercury. Fairfax Media. 5 May 2011. p. 20. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- Oliver, Robin (17 April 1994). "Ray, everybody's frontman, takes the gold and a bow". The Sydney Morning Herald. (Fairfax Media). Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "1995 TV WEEK Logie Awards". TV Week. (ACP Magazines). May 2010. Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "1996 TV WEEK Logie Awards". TV Week. (ACP Magazines). May 2010. Archived from the original on 21 March 2012. Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- Thomas, Brett (22 October 1994). "Fallen idols". The Sun-Herald. (Fairfax Media). Retrieved 18 May 2011.
- "Dieter Brummer back to washing windows". MSN. Retrieved 13 April 2011.
- "2DayFM". hit network!.
- Byrnes, Holly (16 November 2008). "Brummer returns to our screens". NEWS.com.au. Retrieved 13 April 2011.
- Channel Nine's blog. "Underbelly 3 starts shooting today". Throng. Retrieved 13 April 2011.
- "Ex-Bay hunk hits Neighbours". Holy Soap. Channel 5. 1 March 2011. Archived from the original on 4 March 2011. Retrieved 1 March 2011.
- In August 2012 Troy died.Kilkelly, Daniel (2 March 2012). "'Neighbours': Dieter Brummer reprises Troy Miller role". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- "Fairfax Syndication Photo Print Sales and Content Licensing". newsstore.fairfax.com.au.
- Woman's Day, Nov 19 2012. Accessed 27 April 2016.
- Vickery, Colin (6 June 2012). "Real job rescues star from hype". Herald Sun. The Herald and Weekly Times. Retrieved 17 June 2012.