Diehl Defence GmbH & Co. KG is a German arms manufacturer and a subsidiary of the Diehl Stiftung with headquarters in Überlingen. Diehl Defence mainly produces missiles and ammunition. Diehl BGT Defence was founded in 2004 as result of the merger of Bodenseewerke Gerätetechnik GmbH and Diehl Munitionssysteme GmbH & Co. KG. Diehl BGT Defence and Diehl Defence Holding are merged into Diehl Defence in February 2017.
|Products||Missiles, anti-aircraft defence systems, active protection systems, electronic countermeasures, precision-guided munitions, ammunition|
|Revenue||€464 million (2018)|
Number of employees
In 1960, Bodenseewerke Gerätetechnik became the prime contractor for the European production of the American Sidewinder AIM-9B air-to-air missile. Based on the experience with the Sidewinder, Diehl recently developed a progressive new seeker for a new type of short-range air-to-air missile - the IRIS-T.
- AIM-9 Sidewinder
- IRIS-T SL / IRIS-T SLS (in addition to MEADS)
- AGM ARMIGER
- LFK NG
- PARS 3 LR
- Fliegerfaust 2 - Licensed development and production of the STINGER POST missile from the late 1980s onwards (from 2004 onwards in a joint venture with Raytheon). Diehl was originally project coordinator, with Dornier as general contractor and Bodenseewerk producing the guidance systems. Eventually Diehl absorbed the respective interests and responsibilities of those companies in the program.
- RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile
- IDAS (submarine-launched missile, planned for the new Type 212 submarine)
- Barracuda (supercavitating torpedo)
- Dornier Viper
- Panzerfaust 3
- DM51 Grenade
- Other Hand grenades & related fuses
- Diehl. "Annual Report 2018" (PDF).
- "Defence business under single roof" (Press release). Diehl Defence. 1 February 2017. Archived from the original on 17 February 2017. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- DM51 entry at WeaponSystems.net Accessed on 11 October 2014
- Diehl Defence 2010 Hand Grenade Brochure Archived 22 July 2013 at the Wayback Machine Accessed on 11 October 2014