Diamond Bank Plc., was a Nigerian multinational financial service provider. Diamond Bank was acquired by Access Bank in December 2018, and announced to complete the transactions of the merger fully in the first half of 2019. On 1 April 2019, Diamond Bank was fully merged with Access Bank to build a new entity while retaining the name of Access Bank with a logo that took the form of Diamond Bank.
|Type||Formerly Public limited company|
|Founded||20 December 1990|
|Fate||Merged with Access Bank Plc., 1 April 2019|
|Uzoma Dozie (CEO)|
|Revenue||:Pretax: ₦28 billion (US$175 million) (FY:2012)|
|Total assets||₦1.7 trillion (US$7.3 billion) (December 2012)|
Uzoma Dozie was the CEO of the bank up until it was merged with Access Bank. The other board of directors at the time were Mrs. Caroline Anyanwu, Mrs. Chizoma Okoli, Mr. Chiugo Ndubisi, Mr. Kabir Alkali Mohammed, Mr. Damian Dolland, Mr. Dele Babade, Mr. Christopher Ubosi, and Mr. Idris Mohammed.
See also edit
- Diamond Bank - About Us - Company Profile Archived 2010-10-27 at the Wayback Machine
- Google Finance - Diamond Bank
- Q3:2010 Financial Report
- "Central Bank of Nigeria:: All Financial Institutions". www.cenbank.org. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- Oguamanam, Udoka (17 December 2018). "Statement Regarding Scheme To Merge With Access Bank". Diamond Bank. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- Warami, Urowayino (1 April 2019). "Diamond Bank merger: Access Bank launches new brand logo". Vanguard News Nigeria. Retrieved 1 April 2019.
- "CBN, SEC grant approval in principle to Access, Diamond banks' merger". Punch Newspapers. 15 January 2019. Retrieved 1 April 2019.
- "Nigeria: 'I'm Leaving Diamond Bank Strong And Fulfilled'". This Day (Lagos). 1 March 2011. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "Diamond Bank". Parkway Projects. Retrieved 30 January 2020.