Devlin Hodges (born April 12, 1996) is an American football quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Samford, after playing at Mortimer Jordan High School. He was signed by the Steelers as an undrafted free agent in 2019.
|No. 6 – Pittsburgh Steelers|
|Born:||April 12, 1996|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school:||Kimberly (AL) Mortimer Jordan|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Hodges was a four year starter at quarterback for Samford. He was named the Southern Conference Offensive Player of the Year three times, and he was the recipient of the 2018 Walter Payton Award during his senior year in which he set the NCAA FCS career record for passing yards with 14,584. Hodges’ mark broke the previous record that was set by former Alcorn State quarterback Steve McNair in 1994.
Hodges signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers as an undrafted free agent on May 13, 2019. He was waived on August 31, 2019. The Steelers re-signed Hodges to their practice squad on September 10, 2019. He was promoted to the active roster on September 16, 2019 following an injury to starter Ben Roethlisberger.
- "Samford's Devlin Hodges named SoCon Player of the Year". November 21, 2018. Retrieved March 4, 2019.
- "Samford QB Devlin Hodges wins Walter Payton Award". January 5, 2018. Retrieved March 4, 2019.
- "Devlin Hodges notches FCS mark with 14,584 career passing yards". November 17, 2018. Retrieved March 4, 2019.
- Varley, Teresa (May 13, 2019). "Steelers make multiple roster moves". Steelers.com.
- "Steelers make roster cuts". Steelers.com. August 31, 2019.
- Varley, Teresa (September 10, 2019). "Steelers agree to terms with Elliott". Steelers.com.
- "Hodges to 53-man roster; Ben to IR". Steelers.com. September 16, 2019.