This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Sites and Management content are not encyclopedic content and risk the article being removed for excessive advertisement. Please remove. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
detik.com is an online news and article website based in Indonesia. detik.com currently only has online edition and it relies on advertisements for its profit. While the website focuses on news, it also has many articles about other topics such as sport, automotive, food, health, etc. and they are divided by its own site.
Type of site
|Founded||July 9, 1998|
|Country of origin||Indonesia|
|Alexa rank||122 (Global, April 2018[update])|
detik.com was founded by Budiono Darsono (ex DeTik journalist), Yayan Sopyan (ex DeTik journalist), Abdul Rahman (ex Tempo Journalist), and Didi Nigrahadi. During New Order Era, many press have been banned by the government because at that time press was strictly monitored to follow government will in order to survive, DeTik and Tempo were one of the press that were banned. This ban made Budiono Darsono, Yayan Sopyan, and Abdul Rahman became jobless.
During 1997-1998 when internet was still new in Indonesia and it was limited to Jakarta, Abdul Rahman was the only one who knew the internet. Abdul later explained internet to his friends and its possibility, which followed by four founders' decision to make a new way to publish news without periodization like normal newspaper. In order to get out from government surveillance, they made the website without legal permit which server was located in United States and they named it Detik. The concept idea of the name came from Budiono Darsono who wants to give recent news to people anytime without waiting until next day (Breaking news concept). "Detik" means second in Indonesia language, so the concept was publishing news every second online.
During May 1998 Riot in Jakarta, detik.com was brave enough to broadcast about the outcome and the presumption for the aftermath while none of the other press media that were brave enough to do so. In that time, offices in Jakarta which had access to internet monitored detik.com to get informed about the current events. This led to increment of its popularity as there were no internet-based news website in that time but them.
On May 30, 1998, detik.com server was ready to be accessed but it became online with full features on July 9, 1998, thus this day is decided as its birthday. During early time, Its office was located inside Lebak Bulus Stadium, Jakarta. In early time, detik.com was struggling due to lack of internet infrastructure in Indonesia around 1998 until the 2000s. detik.com reached its hardest time during year 2000-2001 where most the executives did not receive their salary for almost 6 months and the employees often got their salary by the following month.
In 2004, Didi Nugrahadi, one of detik.com founders resigned from the company.
On August 3, 2011, detik.com was fully bought by Chairul Tanjung, the owner of CT Corp, with total price US$60 million from PT Agranet Multicitra Siberkom (Agrakom). After the acquisition, detik.com operated under Trans Media's management with former Indonesian National Police Chief Suroyo Bimantoro as chief commissioner whom was also Carrefour Indonesia's chief commissioner at the time.
- Chief Commissioner: Suroyo Bimantoro
- Vice Chief Commissioner: Zainal Rahman
- Commissioner: Sutrisno Iwantono, Calvin Lukmantara
- Director: Abdul Rahman
- Vice Director: Budiono Darsono
- Sales and Marketing Director: Nur Wahyuni Sulistiowati
- Entertainment Director: Wishnutama Kusubandio (Resigned in 2012)
- Information Technology Director: Andry S Huzin
- Financial and Human Resource Director: Warnedy
- Editor-in-chief: Arifin Asydhad
- Vice Editor-in-chief: Ine Yordenaya
- Editorial board: Budiono Darsono, Iin Yumiyanti
- Executive Editor: Nurul Hidayati
- Managing Editor:
- Andi A. Sururi (detiksport)
- Is Mujiarso (detikhot)
- Ardhi Suryadi (detikinet)
- Indra Subagja (detiknews)
- Dadan Kuswaraharja (detikoto)
- Nurvita Indarini (detikhealth)
- Wahyu Daniel (detikfinance)
- Fitraya Ramadhanny (detiktravel)
- Odilia Winneke (detikfood)
- Ferdy Thaeras (wolipop)
- Dikhy Sasra (detikfoto)
- Gagah Wijoseno (Coverage Doordinator)
- Triono Wahyu S (Domestic/International Coverage Coordinator)
- Rachmadin Ismail (Head of Monitoring and Development Issues)
- "detik.com Traffic Statistics". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- "detik.com Site Overview". Alexa.com. Retrieved 2015-05-06.
- "AdPoint - Welcome". Adpoint.detik.com. Retrieved 2015-05-06.
- Arifin Asydhad - Surat Dari Buncit (2015-03-25). "detikcom : detikcom dan Manajemen Baru". Suratbuncit.detik.com. Retrieved 2015-05-06.
- "Didi Nugrahadi of Detik.com, SalingSilang on Entrepreneurship in Indonesia [LIVE BLOG]". Techinasia.com. 2012-06-07. Retrieved 2015-05-06.
- Sarah Sechan - Budiono Darsono cerita awal mula membuat detikcom (English: Story of Detikcom creation by Budiono Darsono) (in Indonesian). Youtube.com. Jan 21, 2014. Retrieved July 27, 2014.
- "Terakurat.com". Terakurat.com. Retrieved 2015-05-06.
- Sejarah Detikcom Sebagai Pelopor Portal Berita Indonesia (English: DetikCom History as pioneer of online news in Indonesia) (in Indonesian). Youtube.com. December 18, 2012. Retrieved July 27, 2014.
- "Detikcom Resmi Dibeli Chairul Tanjung Transcorp Rp 540 Miliar". LensaIndonesia. Retrieved 2015-05-06.
- "detikcom: situs warta era digital". Dapur.detik.com. Retrieved 2015-05-06.