Deontay Burnett (born October 4, 1997) is an American football wide receiver for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL). He was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Tennessee Titans in 2018. He played college football at USC.
Burnett with the Tennessee Titans in 2018
|No. 7 – San Francisco 49ers|
|Born:||October 4, 1997|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||186 lb (84 kg)|
|High school:||Gardena (CA) Serra|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Roster status:||Practice squad|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
|Player stats at PFR|
Burnett attended Junípero Serra High School in Gardena, California. He was rated as a three-star recruit and was not a highly recruited player coming out of high school. He committed to the University of Southern California (USC) to play college football. Burnett was offered a blueshirt scholarship on the day of signing day, and chose to commit to the school he dreamed of playing for as a kid.
As a true freshman at USC in 2015, Burnett appeared in all but two of the Trojans' games. He was a backup receiver, finishing the year with 10 receptions for 161 yards. He led the team in receiving against California with 3 receptions for 82 yards.  In his sophomore season at USC in 2016, Burnett broke out as one of the top-three targets for the Trojans. He appeared in all 13 games, started the last 5 as the slot receiver, and finished with 56 receptions for 622 yards with 7 touchdowns. He added on with 3 carries for 31 yards. Deontay Burnett broke out in the 2017 Rose Bowl Game, where he caught 13 passes for 164 yards and 3 touchdowns. Burnett was given numerous post-season accolades, as he made the 2016 AP All-Bowl Team first team, ESPN All-Bowl Team first team and ESPN Pac-12 All-Bowl Team first team.
New York JetsEdit
On September 3, 2018, Burnett was signed to the New York Jets' practice squad. He was released on September 21, 2018, but was re-signed four days later. He was promoted to the active roster on October 20, 2018. Burnett made his NFL debut on October 21, 2018 in a 37-17 loss to the Minnesota Vikings, catching one pass for nine yards. In Week 8 against the Chicago Bears, Burnett finished with a team high of both 61 receiving yards and 4 receptions () as the Jets lost 10-24.
On August 31, 2019, Burnett was waived by the Jets.
San Francisco 49ersEdit
- Deontay Burnett MaxPreps
- Deontay Burnett Commits to USC as a Blueshirt
- USC freshman WR Deontay Burnett led Trojans in receiving yards vs. Cal
- How Deontay Burnett went from Wazzu commit to USC's Rose Bowl hero
- Wyatt, Jim (May 11, 2018). "Titans Reach Deals with 22 Undrafted Free Agents". TitansOnline.com. Archived from the original on May 13, 2018.
- Wyatt, Jim (September 1, 2018). "Roster Moves: Titans Trim Roster From 90 to 53 Players". TitansOnline.com.
- Greenberg, Ethan (September 3, 2018). "Jets Fill Out 10-Man Practice Squad With Six Players". NewYorkJets.com.
- "Jets add WR ArDarius Stewart to practice squad, release Deontay Burnett". Jets Wire. USA Today. September 21, 2018.
- Allen, Eric (October 20, 2018). "Jets Promote WR Deontay Burnett, Release WR Terrelle Pryor". NewYorkJets.com.
- Lichtenstein, Steve (October 22, 2018). "Lichtenstein: Jets' Failure to Find Reinforcements At Receiver Proves Costly". wfan.radio.com. WFAN.
- Lange, Randy (August 31, 2019). "Jets Announce 38 Moves to Get Down to 53-Man Roster". NewYorkJets.com.
- "49ers sign WR Deontay Burnett to practice squad". Niners Nation. SB Nation. October 16, 2019.