|Born||Dennis Barry Gillings
April 1944 (age 73)
|Alma mater||Exeter University|
|Occupation||statistician and entrepreneur|
|Known for||founder and former chairman of Quintiles|
|Net worth||£900 million (May 2017)|
|Spouse(s)||Joan Gillings (divorced)
Mireille Gingras (m. 2012)
Dennis Barry Gillings was born in April 1944.
In 1994, he took Quintiles public through an IPO.
Quintiles is the "largest global provider of clinical trials and commercial marketing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry".
In December 2015, Gillings retired as executive chairman of Quintiles, but remains a director.
In 2004, Gillings was made a Commander of the Order of the British Empire for services to the Pharmaceutical industry.
In 2010, Gillings filed for divorce from his first wife, Joan Gillings, shortly before their 32nd wedding anniversary.
- "Rich List 2017: #144=, £900 million". The Sunday Times Magazine. 7 May 2017. p. 54.
- "Dennis Barry GILLINGS - Personal Appointments (free information from Companies House)". Beta.companieshouse.gov.uk. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "The Dennis and Mireille Gillings Foundation donates £1 million for cutting-edge medical research". University of Exeter. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- GHO Capital. "Dennis Gillings, CBE, Ph.D." GHO Capital. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "Founder Dennis Gillings to Retire as Quintiles Executive Chairman at Close of 2015 - QuintilesIMS". Quintiles.com. 5 November 2015. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "December | Find a Family Law & Divorce Lawyer". Findafamilyattorney.com. 20 December 2010. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "Gillings remarries; new bride heads California pharma - Triangle Business Journal". bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2017-08-01.
|This United Kingdom business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|