Dean Jackson Wade (born November 20, 1996) is an American professional basketball player for the Cleveland Cavaliers of the National Basketball Association (NBA), on a two-way contract with the Canton Charge of the NBA G League. He played college basketball for the Kansas State Wildcats.
|No. 37 – Cleveland Cavaliers|
|Born||November 20, 1996|
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||228 lb (103 kg)|
|High school||St. John (St. John, Kansas)|
|College||Kansas State (2015–2019)|
|NBA draft||2019 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
Wade was born in St. John, Kansas to Jay and Trish Wade. His mother is a track and volleyball coach at St. John High School in St. John, Kansas, where she led the volleyball team to three state championships. His father was briefly a member of the football team at Kansas State University.
High school careerEdit
Wade played four years of varsity basketball at St. John High School in St. John, Kansas, earning All-State honors for multiple seasons and winning a state championship. As a senior, he was named Parade All-American, along with 29 other players in his class. He was also selected as Mr. Kansas Basketball by the Kansas Basketball Coaches Association (KBCA).
Wade was named to the Big 12 All-Newcomer Team at the conclusion of his freshman season at Kansas State. As a sophomore, he averaged 9.3 points, 4.5 rebounds, and 1.8 assists per game. After a breakout junior season, Wade earned first-team All-Big 12 accolades. Wade averaged 16.2 points and 6.2 rebounds per game as a junior. As a senior, Wade averaged 12.9 points and a team-high 6.2 rebounds per game and was named to the first-team All-Big 12. His season was cut short by a foot injury.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "Dean Wade". Kansas State Sports. Retrieved March 24, 2018.
- "Dean Wade highlights home town's rich athletic tradition". KWCH-DT. March 22, 2018. Retrieved March 24, 2018.
- Robinett, Kellis (March 16, 2018). "As Dean Wade leads K-State into NCAA Tournament, he's become a Kansas small-town hero". The Wichita Eagle. Retrieved March 24, 2018.
- Robinett, Kellis (June 1, 2015). "Incoming Kansas State freshman Dean Wade named Parade All-American". The Wichita Eagle. Retrieved March 24, 2018.
- "Wade Named Mr. Kansas Basketball". Kansas State Sports. March 30, 2015. Retrieved March 24, 2018.
- "Dean Wade". RealGM. Retrieved March 24, 2018.
- Robinett, Kellis (March 4, 2018). "Kansas State forward Dean Wade makes All-Big 12 first team, Barry Brown lands on second team". The Wichita Eagle. Retrieved March 24, 2018.
- Robinett, Kellis (March 25, 2018). "What are the odds K-State juniors Barry Brown, Dean Wade test NBA Draft waters". The Wichita Eagle. Retrieved May 29, 2018.
- Black, Ryan (March 19, 2019). "K-State senior forward Dean Wade 'doubtful' to play in NCAA Tournament". The Manhattan Mercury. Retrieved June 21, 2019.
- Robinett, Kellis (June 21, 2019). "Former K-State stars Dean Wade, Barry Brown land NBA deals after going undrafted". The Wichita Eagle. Retrieved June 21, 2019.
- "Cavs Sign Dean Wade to Two-Way Contract". NBA.com. July 9, 2019. Retrieved July 9, 2019.