David Norona, (many times written as David Noroña) (born December 14, 1972) is a Cuban American actor, director who has appeared in films, notably in Though None Go with Me, in many television series, recently (The Mentalist) and many theatre works. He is co-creator and co-lyricist for Paradise Lost: Shadows and Wings and has directed two short films.
David Noroña was born in Hialeah, Florida to Cuban parents Jorge Noroña and Edith Iglesias. He began his acting career at Coral Gables High School with roles in The Sound of Music and The Fantasticks. After receiving his BFA with honors from Carnegie Mellon University, he set off for New York City where he made his Broadway debut in Love! Valour! Compassion!.
Noroña has also landed roles on theatre stages. He played role of Irving Berlin in The Tin Pan Alley Rag both on the Pasadena Playhouse theatre and the Coconut Grove Playhouse. The role landed him a nomination at the Los Angeles Ovation Award. He also had the lead role of Frankie Valli in the original run of Jersey Boys on La Jolla Playhouse in San Diego, California. On January 24, 2005, he received the prize for "Lead Performance in a Musical, Male" for his role during the San Diego Theatre Critics Circle 2004 awards He also played the role of George in a Latin remake of Of Mice and Men at the Pasadena Playhouse.
David Noroña is co-writer and co-lyricist of Paradise Lost: Shadows and Wings, a groundbreaking piece that combined classical singing with ambient, trance and dance electronica. It received rave reviews, critical acclaim and nominations to ten Ovation Awards including "Best New Musical".
He is married and has three sons and a daughter and resides in Redding, CA.
- Feature films
- 1993: Money for Nothing as US Air Ticket Clerk
- 1996: Mrs. Santa Claus as Marcello Damaroco
- 1997: Twisted as Angel
- 2000: The Expendables as Ramone
- 2000: Alligator Alley as Jay Taylor
- 2001: Bailey's Mistake as Father Miguel
- 2006: Though None Go with Me as Will Bishop
- 2011: A Crush on You as Gabe
- 2000: Maggie Moore as Alex
- 2000: Soledad
- TV series
(Selective. For a comprehensive list, see IMDb)
- 2000: Popular as Nurse Dan Murphy (3 episodes)
- 2001-2002: Six Feet Under as Gary Deitman (8 episodes)
- 2003: Mister Sterling as Leon Montero (10 episodes)
- 2005: Inconceivable as Scott García (9 episodes)
- 2005: CSI: Miami as Joshua Greenfield (1 episode)
- 2007: In Case of Emergency as Paul (4 episodes)
- 2007: Ugly Betty as Tyler Blake (1 episode)
- 2008-2009: Lipstick Jungle as Salvador Rosa (18 episodes)
- 2009: Bones as Derek DaFonte (1 episode)
- 2010: The Defenders as ADA Andrew Gomez / ADA Gomez (2 episodes)
- 2011-2014: The Mentalist as D.D.A. Osvaldo Ardiles (8 episodes)
- 2012: One Tree Hill as Dr. Alvarez (6 episodes)
- As Writer / Lyricist
- Paradise Lost: Shadows and Wings (co-creator and co-lyricist of musical)
- As actor
- Akass, Kim & McCabe, Janet (2005) Reading Six Feet Under: TV to Die For, I.B. Tauris, ISBN 978-1-85043-809-0, p. 123
- "Fertile Ground", Out, September 2005, p. 62, retrieved 2011-07-10
- Filmbug: David Norona biography
- Variety: Jersey Boys - La Jolla Playhouse
- "San Diego Theatre Critics Circle: 2004 Awards". Archived from the original on 2011-08-26. Retrieved 2011-12-25.
- Playbill: Of Mice and Men Laborers Will Be Latino in Pasadena Playhouse's Fresh Look at Classic