David Kopp (born 5 January 1979 in Bonn) is a former German road racing cyclist, who competed as a professional between 2001 and 2011. Kopp's speciality was sprinting and the cobbled classics of Belgium.
|Full name||David Kopp|
|Born||5 January 1979|
Bonn, West Germany
|2000||Telekom Junior Team|
|Rund um Köln (2005)|
Tour of Poland, 1 stage (2007)
Kopp started his pro career with Team Telekom in 2001 before moving to smaller German teams for 2004 and 2005. In 2006, he returned to top level cycling with Gerolsteiner for two years before moving to Pro Continental team Cycle Collstrop in 2008. He did not get a contract for 2009.
In March 2009, it was announced that he tested positive for Cocaine during a National event in Belgium on 11 September 2008.
He now (2016) works in the fuel retail industry.
- Germany U19 Road Race Champion
- Rund um den Henninger Turm U23
- FBD Insurance Rás, stages 3 & 8
- Circuito Montañés, stage 3
- Giro del Capo, stage 2
- Rund um Düren
- Sparkassen Giro
- Grote Prijs Stad Zottegem – Dr. Tistaert Prijs
- "David Kopp beendet seine Karriere" [David Kopp finishes his career]. Radsport-News (in German). Sport Aktiv Media GmbH. 17 August 2011. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- Susan Westemeyer Kopp positive for cocaine CyclingNews, 26 March 2009 http://www.cyclingnews.com/editions/latest-cycling-news-march-26-2009 Archived 2009-10-13 at the Wayback Machine
- Kopp to German Professional team Kuota Indeland CyclingNews, 4 February 2010 http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kopp-to-german-professional-team-kuota-indeland
- [Palmares on trap-friis http://www.trap-friis.dk/cykling/germany.Kopp.htm]
|This biographical article related to a German cycling person born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|