Daniel Paul Tamberelli (born February 8, 1982) is an American actor, comedian and musician. He portrayed Little Pete in The Adventures of Pete and Pete from 1989 to 1995, Arnold Perlstein in The Magic School Bus, one of the cast members for Nickelodeon's All That from seasons four through six, panelist on the game show Figure It Out and Jimmy De Santa in Grand Theft Auto V.
Tamberelli in 2019
Daniel Paul Tamberelli
February 8, 1982
Wyckoff, New Jersey, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, comedian, musician|
|Spouse(s)||Katelyn Detweiler (m. 2018)|
Tamberelli was raised in Maywood, New Jersey and moved to Wyckoff, New Jersey, where he attended Ramapo High School, graduating in 2000. He is of Italian and Irish descent. Tamberelli is a graduate of Hampshire College, where he earned a bachelor's degree in Interdisciplinary Arts focusing on music performance and booking management.
Tamberelli's first regular television role, at age 4, was as Sean Novak on the ABC daytime soap opera Ryan's Hope. He originally appeared from 1986 to 1987, when his character, along with his on-screen parents, were written off the show. However, he returned to the role in the fall of 1988 when the Novak family was brought back, to help close up storylines in preparation for the Ryan's Hope finale in January 1989.
Afterwards, Tamberelli played Jackie Rodowsky on the television series The Baby-Sitters Club. It was around this time that he was cast as Little Pete Wrigley on The Adventures of Pete & Pete, which first began as a series of 60-second shorts on Nickelodeon in 1989. After progressing to a batch of specials, Pete & Pete became a regular half-hour sitcom in 1993, and brought Tamberelli more recognition. During his time in the show, he met the musicians Iggy Pop and Mark Mulcahy, who inspired him to become a musician too; Iggy would teach him how to play the song T.V. Eye (from The Stooges' album Fun House) on bass in between breaks, when Tamberelli was 11. Around that time he provided the voice for Arnold in The Magic School Bus, as well as appearing in the films Igby Goes Down and The Mighty Ducks. He was also on Nickelodeon's All That and Figure It Out, and guest starred in the Space Cases episode "All You Can Eaty". In the 2013 video game Grand Theft Auto V, he provided the voice and physical inspiration for Jimmy De Santa.
Tamberelli is the bassist and vocalist for the rock band Jounce, formed in Northern New Jersey. They started in the early 2000s as a jazz funk quartet, but their sound later evolved into "90s music-inspired post-punk". They released an eponymous debut album on July 18, 2006, followed by their sophomore effort, These Things on March 31, 2009. The EP titled Meet Me in the Middle was released digitally on April 4, 2011. As of 2016, the only remaining members from the original formation were Tamberelli and childhood friend and guitarist Matt DeSteno. Tamberelli was also the bassist for the folk/pop band Every Good Boy.
In 2013, he started a podcast with former The Adventures of Pete and Pete co-star Michael C. Maronna. He is also a founding member of the sketch comedy group Manboobs, along with Jeremy Balon. He also made a guest appearance on the podcasts "The Comedy Button" and "The Indoor Kids".
- Staff. "The new Adventures of Pete & Pete; To the thrill of aging hipsters everywhere, the entire cast and crew of the '90s Nickelodeon hit The Adventures of Pete & Pete will reunite. Metro spoke with the show’s red headed stars.", Metro (U.S. newspaper), February 23, 2012. Accessed August 6, 2019. "Little Pete (Danny Tamberelli): I’m from Maywood, N.J."
- Rohan, Virginia. "He's Nickelodeon's Kind Of Kid -- But Wyckoff Teen Takes His Stardom In Stride", The Record (Bergen County), April 4, 1998, backed up by the Internet Archive as of October 20, 2012. Accessed August 6, 2019.
- Mazzola, Jessica. "Where Are They Now: Nickelodeon's Danny Tamberelli, of Wyckoff; Where is the former Pete and Pete star now? You can see him at an upcoming charity show nearby.", Wyckoff, NJ Patch, April 3, 2014. Accessed August 6, 2019. "While fans might know him as the cute, yet mischievous 'Little Pete' on the early 1990s Nickelodeon sitcom The Adventures of Pete and Pete, Danny Tamberelli is following a different passion these days. The actor, who grew up in Wyckoff and graduated from Ramapo High School in 2000, has been in a band since 2003."
- "'Pete & Pete' reuniting for Little Pete's wedding". 2017-07-31.
- Maiuri, Ken. "Hampshire grad Dan Tamberelli savors musical homecoming". Gazettenet.com. Archived from the original on December 24, 2014. Retrieved 2011-02-21.
- Inside ‘All That’ star Danny Tamberelli’s wedding. PageSix. 8 May 2018.
- Nickelodeon Alum Danny Tamberelli and Wife Katelyn Welcome Son Alfred Noel. People. 17 June 2019.
- Morgan, Chris; Schildhause, Chloe (August 11, 2015). "How 'The Adventures Of Pete & Pete' Created A 'Happily Deranged' Marriage Of Music And TV". Uproxx. Retrieved April 25, 2020.
- Conway, Tom (July 31, 2016). "'Pete & Pete' star Danny Tamberelli leads rock band Jounce". South Bend Tribune. Retrieved June 9, 2020.
- Berman, Judy. "'90s Nickelodeon Stars: Where Are They Now?". Flavorwire.com. Retrieved 2011-02-21.
- "Danny Tamberelli". IMDb. Retrieved January 23, 2015.
- "The Adventures of Danny and Mike - The Podcast". theadventuresofdannyandmike.com. Retrieved January 23, 2015.
- "Interview with Danny & Mike from the Adventures of Pete & Pete". Voxelectro.com. November 5, 2013. Retrieved June 9, 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Danny Tamberelli.|