Fingeroth at the 2012 New York Comic Con
New York City, New York
Various Spider-Man titles
As a writer and editorEdit
Fingeroth got his start in the comics business in 1974 as an editorial assistant for the short-lived Seaboard Comics. At Marvel Comics in the 1980s, he edited the Spider-Man titles as well as Marvel Team-Up and Ka-Zar.
As a writer, Fingeroth worked on Darkhawk, writing all 50 issues of the book between 1991 and 1995. Before that, he had a long stint on Dazzler, wrote the Deadly Foes of Spider-Man and Lethal Foes of Spider-Man mini-series, the Howard The Duck movie adaptation comic and various issues of several Marvel titles, including Avengers, Daredevil, Iron Man and What If?, as well as the Deathtrap: The Vault graphic novel.
Fingeroth resigned from Marvel in 1995 to become editor-in-chief of Virtual Comics for Byron Preiss Multimedia and AOL. From there, Fingeroth served as senior vice president for creative development at Visionary Media, home of Showtime's WhirlGirl, for which he served as story editor.
He edited Write Now! (TwoMorrows Publishing), a magazine about the craft of comics writing that he created, which ran for 20 issues from 2003 to 2009. He wrote the 2004 Continuum Publishing book Superman on the Couch: What Superheroes Really Tell Us About Ourselves and Our Society. Fingeroth also wrote The Rough Guide to Graphic Novels (featuring artwork by Mike Manley).
As an educator and public speakerEdit
He has been a speaker at the New York Comics & Picture-Story Symposium at Parsons The New School for Design.  He has also taught classes, and functioned as organizer, moderator and curator of events at the Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art.
In 2012, Fingeroth along with Karen Green, Graphic Novels Librarian (Columbia University) and Jeremy Dauber, Director, Institute for Israel and Jewish Studies (Columbia University) organized Comic New York, a symposium marking writer Chris Claremont's donation of his archives of all his major writing projects over the previous 40 years to the university's Rare Book & Manuscript Library. The symposium, which was held March 24–25, 2012 at Columbia's Low Memorial Library, featured discussion panels with Fingeroth, Claremont, and numerous other mainstream and independent comics creators.
- Dazzler: #8–24, 26
- Superman 80-Page Giant #1 (Feb. 1999) (writer for ten-page short story)
- Venom: Deathtrap - The Vault (1993)
- Superman On The Couch: What Superheroes really tell us about ourselves and society; foreword by Stan Lee (Continuum International Publishing Group, 2004) ISBN 0-8264-1540-7
- The Rough Guide to Graphic Novels (Rough Guides, 2008) ISBN 978-1-84353-993-3
- Disguised as Clark Kent: Jews, Comics, and the Creation of the Superhero; foreword by Stan Lee (Continuum International Publishing Group, 2007) ISBN 978-0-8264-1767-1
- The Stan Lee Universe; co-editor (with Roy Thomas) (TwoMorrows Publishing, 2011) ISBN 1-60549-030-X (hardcover), 1-60549-029-6 (softcover)
- Miller, John Jackson. "Comics Industry Birthdays", Comics Buyer's Guide, June 10, 2005. Accessed January 1, 2011. WebCitation archive.
- "Pro File: Danny Fingeroth," Marvel comics cover-dated April 1990.
- Bails, Jerry. "FINGEROTH, DANNY". Who's Who bio. Who's Who of American Comic Books, 1928–1999]. bailsprojects.com. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- Shooter, Jim. "Bullpen Bulletins," Marvel comics cover-dated November 1983.
- Carlson, Johanna Draper (December 3, 2008). "A Bad Week for Magazines: Write Now! Ends". Comics Worth Reading.
- Weiland, Jonah (September 20, 2004). "Danny Fingeroth to Teach Comics @ NYU". Comic Book Resources.
- "Study with Danny". DannyFingeroth.com. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- "Part-time Faculty". Eugene Lang College. The New School. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- "Danny Fingeroth" Archived 2013-05-09 at the Wayback Machine. Mediabistro.com. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- "Danny Fingeroth Master Class @ Soho Gallery for Digital Art". Comic Book Resources. August 8, 2012.
- Tsurumi , Andrea (March 15, 2013). "The New York Comics Symposium: Jeremy Dauber & Danny Fingeroth". TheRumpus.net.
- "NY Comics & Picture-story Symposium: Jeremy Dauber and Danny Fingeroth" Archived 2013-04-09 at Archive.today. Parsons. March 11, 2013.
- "Dinner and a Movie". Society of Illustrators. 2012. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- "Comics Out Loud". Society of Illustrators. 2012. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- "Comics Storytelling Workshop Intensivewith Dean Haspiel". Society of Illustrators. 2011. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- "How to Write Comics class w/ Danny Fingeroth @ MoCCA". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- Reed, Calvin. "X-Men Writer Chris Claremont Donates Archive to Columbia University". Publishers Weekly. November 14, 2011
- "Comic New York: A Symposium". Columbia University. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- "Panelist Bios". Comic New York: A Symposium. Columbia University Libraries. Retrieved March 29, 2012
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Danny Fingeroth.|
- Danny Fingeroth at the Comic Book DB
- Fingeroth, Danny (July 30, 2008). "Danny Fingeroth's top 10 graphic novels". The Guardian
| Avengers writer
(with Bob Budiansky)
| Dazzler writer
| Iron Man writer
Bob Layton & David Michelinie