Daniella van Graas
Daniella van Graas (born 1975) is a Dutch fashion model, cover girl, and actress. She has appeared in movies, on television, and between 1997 and 2003 on the cover of several magazines. In 2012 she was featured in the Dutch television show The Prettiest Girl in Class.
Daniella van Graas
|Born||1975 (age 44–45)|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
Early life and educationEdit
Van Graas grew up in Tuitjenhorn, where she attended the Sint Barbaraschool, a Roman Catholic elementary school. Her father was a teacher, her mother a homemaker. After elementary school, she attended the college prep track at the Christian High School Jan Arentsz in Alkmaar, cycling 15 kilometers (9.3 mi) each way daily to and from home.
As a model, van Graas collaborated with Armani Jeans, Aveeno, Barely There, CoverGirl, L'Oréal, Max Factor, Maybelline, Pantene, Pepsi, and H&M. She also worked with Marie Claire Netherlands. She appeared in a fashion show at the 68th Academy Awards ceremony.
Van Graas was the spokesmodel and "face" for Aveeno, "a brand that sells natural-based skin- and hair-care products"; that relationship lasted for years, ending in 2013 when Jennifer Aniston took over the role.
Van Graas appeared on the covers of the magazines Femina (2001), Fitness (March, 2003, August and December 2004, July 2010), New Woman (March and September 1998), Cosmopolitan (U.S. and U.K., April 1999), Self and Marie Claire Netherlands (December 1997). She is featured in the 2014 book Schoonheid is jezelf zijn [Beauty is being yourself], an anthology of diverse views on the nature of beauty.
Van Graas recognizes that her film acting has been largely typecast as a model in one form or another. She notes that being on set with professionals has helped her grow as an actress. She states she aspires toward a wider set of roles. "If she had the choice, she knows what she wants to play. 'Something like Charlize Theron in Monster. Arriving nicely [with a] twenty kilos [3 st 2 lb gain] and walking without care. That seems wonderful to me. But that is not really realistic.'"[according to whom?]
In October 2008, van Graas appeared in the TV show Entourage. She played episodic roles and supporting roles in the films The Perfect Stranger, Love by the Rules and Without, Autumn in New York.
On January 19, 2012 the TROS dedicated its third episode of the season of The Prettiest Girl in Class to van Graas. She grew up in the village of Tuitjenhorn, "amidst cabbage fields and where the fair is seen as the highlight of the year". She was deemed a "stand out".
|2000||Autumn in New York||Model at bar||Feature film|
|2002||New Americans (film)||Olga||TV Movie|
|2002||Maid in Manhattan||Fiancée||Feature film|
|2003||Something's Gotta Give||Beauty||Feature film|
|2007||Perfect Stranger||Josie||Feature film|
|2012||Girl Most Likely||Cecille||Feature film|
|2013||The Word||Heather||Feature film|
|2002||All My Children||Fiona Sinclair||Soap Opera|
|2008||Entourage||Natasha Ladianova||HBO Series|
|2012||Het mooiste meisje van de klas||Herself||Dutch TV show|
- "Top 10 Hottest Women From Netherlands 2019". webvisible.com. 2019. Archived from the original on 28 April 2019. Retrieved 28 April 2019.[unreliable source?]
- 世界のファッション業界が注目！オランダ人モデルが活躍する理由 [The global fashion industry pays attention! The reason why the Dutch model is active]. Tabizine (in Japanese). Excite News. 10 February 2019. Archived from the original on 28 April 2019. Retrieved 28 April 2019.
- "Schitteren naast Bruce Willis". Metro (NL) (in Dutch). 29 August 2007 – via Lexis.
- "From Tuitjenhorn to Hollywood in 'The Most Beautiful Girl in Class'". TVvisie (in Dutch). January 18, 2012. Archived from the original on April 28, 2019. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
... without a doubt the most beautiful girl. Daniella himself remains very sober and that makes her extra attractive for the boys. That is not only true for the North Holland boys. Tico Torres, the drummer of the at that time immensely popular band Bon Jovi, likes fan Daniella when he is on tour in the Netherlands.
- Redacteur Schagen (17 January 2012). "Mooiste meisje uit klas Tuitjenhorn" [Prettiest girl in the class Tuitjenhorn]. Noordhollands Dagblad (in Dutch). Archived from the original on 1 May 2019. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
Model en actrice Daniella van Graas is donderdagavond te zien in het televisieprogramma 'Het mooiste meisje van de klas'. De 36-jarige Graas werd geboren in Tuitjenhorn en woont momenteel met haar gezin in Queens in New York. Presentator Jaap Jongbloed bezocht met zijn crew onder andere Van Graas in New York en er werden opnames gemaakt in Tuitjenhorn, waar zij op de Barbaraschool zat.
- Mooiste meisje uit klas Tuitjenhorn [Prettiest girl in the class Tuitjenhorn], 17 January 2012
- "Op het witte doek met Bruce Willis; Model en filmster Daniella van Graas; van Tuitjenhorn naar New York". Noordhollands Dagblad (in Dutch). 19 October 2007. Retrieved 30 April 2019 – via Lexis.
- "Daniella Van Graas". New York: Ford Modeling Agency. Archived from the original on 27 October 2004.
- "Un 4 de Agusto". Expresiones. 4 August 2017. p. 12. Archived from the original on 30 April 2019. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- Monget, Karyn (7 July 2003). "Big Spender". Women's Wear Daily. p. 8. Archived from the original on 2 May 2019. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
The newest campaign for the Barely There brand, which has been budgeted in excess of $5 million according to industry estimates, breaks Wednesday on prime time TV. Created by Shahid & Co. and shot by Richard Avedon on four top models, four different TV spots will focus on well-known figures: Shalom Harlow as Betsy Ross, Ivanna Milisevic as Susan B. Anthony, Daniella Van Graas as Joan of Arc and Rebecca Mader as Eve.
- "Daniella van Graas". fashionmodeldirectory. FMD - The Fashion Model Directory. Archived from the original on 30 March 2019. Retrieved 26 April 2019.
- "68th Annual Academy Awards". collections.new.oscars.org. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- "Jennifer Aniston Named the New Face of Aveeno Skincare". Us Magazine. 18 January 2013. Archived from the original on 3 April 2019. Retrieved 28 April 2019.
- "Daniella Van Graas/ Nurses". Self Magazine. January 1996. ASIN B00BGSVLSA. Archived from the original on 28 April 2019. Retrieved 28 April 2019 – via Lexis.
- "Maria Genova in boek over schoonheid". Noordhollands Dagblad (in Dutch). 19 July 2014. Retrieved 30 April 2019 – via Lexis.
- Het Mooiste Meisje van de Klas: Daniella (in Dutch). NPO Start. 21 August 2012. Archived from the original on 30 April 2019. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- Willis, John; Monush, Barry (2002). Screen World 2001. New York London: Hal Leonard Corporation, Applause. p. iii. ISBN 9781557834782. Archived from the original on 2019-05-02. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- "New Americans (2002 TV Movie)". Imdb. Imdb.com, Inc. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- Neibaur, James L. (2016). The Essential Jack Nicholson. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman & Littlefield. p. 151. ISBN 9781442269897. Archived from the original on 2019-05-02. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- Koehler, Robert (26 June 2004). "Marmalade". Variety (Review). Archived from the original on 2 May 2019. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- Phillips, Julie, ed. (19–25 April 2007). "Film". Amsterdam Weekly. 4 (16). p. 24. Archived from the original on 2 May 2019. Retrieved 29 April 2019 – via ISSUU.
- Zacharek, Stephanie (13 April 2007). "Perfect Stranger". Salon (Review). Archived from the original on 2 May 2019. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
He has even hired a hot lesbian secretary (va-va-voom brunette Daniella van Graas) to keep his extramarital love life organized; she struts through the agency's offices on legs as long as circus stilts, taking notes and putting out fires (although she probably doesn't put out nearly as many as she starts).
- Scott, Mike (17 December 2013). "Oscars 2014: From 'About Time' to 'Zaytoun,' 289 features qualify for Academy Awards". The Times-Picayune. Archived from the original on 30 April 2019. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- Lake, Leslie (10 April 2012). "Local man takes a stab at movie magic". The Hour. Norwalk, Connecticut. Archived from the original on 30 April 2019. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- "Gotta Look Up to Get Down". Imdb. Imdb.com, Inc. Retrieved 21 June 2019.